The one thing to say about God's non-existence... and a bonus rant about the size of the universe.

What is the one good question/point/statement that you tell people to defend your atheism?

Views: 173

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Theists have not proved that GOD exists.......
Now dont tell me....about those story books...........

Without something nothing can be created.There is something which created onething and then from that one by one new things gets created.No one knows ? it is....And that something got nothing to do with any religion...Religions are man made........Complete Blind Faith

In all religions,there are preachers...trying to make their religion come first...Those preacher brainwashers can easily brainwash some people to bring into their religion (Eventhough not all will change,Some who dont have their own mind to think only changes.)

Theists are talking something which makes no sense..that their book came from GOD...so on. There is a limit for anything...this is too much.So God gave that book to them,ok.So where is that Manly God...who can see and talk ? Where ?
Any book is written by a Human being only.

Theists always talk like they have seen it live.But they have not seen anything...just by reading tales from a book.

If they can talk about that book,Can i talk about clothes ?
Books,clothes,This Internet...many other things..etc....Who discovered ?
The clothes Humans are wearing....
Who discovered ?
Human beings discovered all these........(and so as that religious stuff)

So GOD created everything ...for religious people(But he wont show himself / Wont do anything ..very nice)

Many religious people will say GOD will punish people at judgement day...
Alright...great Sentence
I will ask onething...
Why cant he punish bad people here itself ?
Is he shy/afraid to appear before Humans/animals ?Ever ?
He is the creator,right ?

So,, GOD is in everywhere(Buildings,sky ?Ever),,,Alright...
So he is watching the the bad people who are enjoy themselves(rape,killing etc..so on) and will only punish them after they dead and reaches him.And why he have to wait that long ? Does this makes any sense ?

Why he has to allow bad people enjoy here ?
How he can create a Bad Human being ?

Alright,many good people are dying daily in many ways(Accidents,Natural disasters,Human killing Human,Animal killing Human,etc...so on).
Why cant the GOD stop it from happening.So he is enjoying it ?So he will create a living thing & destroys whenever he wants ?
Its not like that.Actually he cant do anything,because he never exists.

Like that many questions can be asked......No religious people can answer all those.But sure they will get mad and will say GOD will burn you...?ever... like a child......? to do,they are heavily brainwashed since they were a kid.Its difficult for them to understand.They just blindly believe in a book.Very few religious people who realizes and changes themselves...
Loving beings do not want to be worshipped, narcisistic beings want to be worshipped.
Loving beings do not want to be worshipped, narcisistic beings want to be worshipped.

Well put.
Yes, well put indeed.
Ooooo, John! I'm gonna REMEMBER that one!
Exactly!  Furthermore, I would argue that a narcissistic being doesn't deserve worship.  If god did exist then it must be the case that either he would not want to be or he would not deserve to be worshipped.  Therefore even if it were true both that there were a god and that morality was determined by his will, there still could be no moral imperative to worship him.
I think this is where Atheism has to come from in confronting theism.

Furthermore, I would argue that a narcissistic being doesn't deserve worship.  If god did exist then it must be the case that either he would not want to be or he would not deserve to be worshipped.  Therefore even if it were true both that there were a god and that morality was determined by his will, there still could be no moral imperative to worship him.

This is implicit in the statement that loving beings do not want to be worshipped, narcissistic beings want to be worshipped.

If you read the disproof in my homepage you will see this more clearly presented.

Oh- okay.  

It just seemed to me that many people would advocate worship and veneration of divinities regardless of narcissism.  Think of the tradition of a jealous god, or the panoply of vain Greek and Roman deities.  That's the only reason I thought it might not be redundant.

Obviously, most nontheists would balk at this.  I can certainly see, however, where it could be implied for any independant minded individual.  :)

Before we knew what the brain was for (just useless gray matter) there had to be something that gave us conciseness, so we gave the credit to our newest idea, the soul. It gave us the ability to think and even manipulate this earthly body with our heavenly soul. We found out that a soul wasn't necessary back when we found what the brain was for but we still held onto the soul belief.

Thanks Byron
What's the purpose of eternal life? It makes no sense!
Proof, proof, proof! PHYSICAL PROOF. OBSERVABLE PROOF. And then prove to me it isn't aliens. :D

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service