to a TV near you.  I just saw a few Mormon.org commercials showing how....wow Mormons are just normal people.  I don't think anyone disputes Mormons are nice and normal people though.  They do have some nutty religious beliefs however and that is the issue.  I wouldn't say their religious beliefs are any nuttier than any other religious beliefs. 

The opposition and hostility Mormons face is basically only from the Christian Evangelicals.  It boils down to competition and jealousy for control of the gullible.  Two religious cults battling one another for power.  The evangelical hatred and fear of Mormonism is starting to bubble up and become public.  I wonder if these Mormon commercials are an effort to win over some evangelicals to vote for Romney.

Views: 86

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I see this every where I go. 

The Protestants and Catholics have it in Ulster.

The Hutu and Tutsi have it in Rwanda.

And even in Atheism we have it. When those agnostics say we can't know for sure that God doesn't exist. :)

Manchester and Leeds United have it.

I think it's just the way we are as humans.

not really; they're huddling in their masses in utah
here's what's up
http://www.liveleak.com/c/Occupy_Wall_Street
Kind of funny. One moronic religion VS another
Exactly Markcincy.
I'm sure they are to counter the silliness the evangelicals are spreading.  It's ALL so silly it's unbelievable.  And these people want to run our country and think WE aren't fit to run the country because we don't believe silly things.  Actually I think you'd have to be crazy to want to be the President anyway!
I hear it is to support Romney to counter that Christian pastor who called his religion a cult.
Actually, I think the Mormons started their 'Normal people' campaign a couple of years ago. You know, they've always run commercials on TV for recruitment.  This is just their latest marketing ploy. Not directly related to elections.
I think visibility and impression of normalcy helps them - same as campaigns for tolerance for other categories of people, like atheist, or gay.  Increasing tolerance for mormonism would benefit Romney.  Maybe not in a big way, but a few votes here and there can make a big difference.  Having a Mormon as president might help with conversions to Mormonism.  Look how having a Black president has resulted in conversions to African Americanism.
I needed that laugh, thanks!
I know, I used to be an Anglo-German American. haha
Just remember.  These "normalcy" ads are by the same god-botherers who got Proposition 8 passed in California.
The only thing nice or normal about Mormons is the veneer.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service