Thug Life: TV Preacher Pat Robertson Hangs With A Bad Crowd

Former Liberian President Charles Taylor was found guilty of crimes against humanity yesterday for his involvement in a civil war in neighboring Sierra Leone. I wonder if Taylor’s former business partner Pat Robertson will visit him in jail.

Taylor was convicted by a UN-backed special court on 11 counts of aiding murder, rape, terror and conscription of child soldiers and sex slaves. He supported vicious rebels in Sierra Leone during that country’s 1991-2002 civil war, and in return, received blood diamonds.

While the media focused on the verdict, less attention was paid to Taylor’s relationship with Robertson, head of the Christian Broadcasting Network (CBN) and founder of the Christian Coalition.

Robertson signed an agreement with Taylor in 1999 to allow the televangelist’s for-profit Freedom Gold Ltd. to mine for gold in Liberia. If any gold was found, 10 percent would go to the Liberian government, and in effect, into the pockets of the loathsome Taylor.

On the stand during his trial, the Liberian leader said Robertson promised to argue for the Liberian government with officials in Washington, and he claimed the TV preacher personally intervened with President George W. Bush.

…go read the full article, it gets juicier.

Views: 89

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Jesus shit a popsicle. Is there no end to the greed of these religious hoohahs?. Robertson owns a gold mining company??? That was a bigger WTF for me. No, I am not going to look for what else he owns, he already makes me sick.

Yeah, Robertson was in bed with dictators and murderers like Charles Taylor, Mobutu Sese Seko, and Efrain Rios Montt. But lest we forget, he righteously warned us about the pact the Haitians made with the devil, and why gays were responsible for 9/11 - all the while leg lifting 2,000 lbs. at age 73.  What a sport!

I hope you mean Robertson! LOL

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service