I didn't know where else to post this, but I thought it was worth sharing.  It's really moving to see in six short minutes just what hundreds of years of trial and error in the scientific method has illuminated.

"After sleeping through a hundred million centuries we have finally opened our eyes on a sumptuous planet, sparkling with color, bountiful with life. Within decades we must close our eyes again. Isn’t it a noble, an enlightened way of spending our brief time in the sun, to work at understanding the universe and how we have come to wake up in it?"  --Richard Dawkins

It makes you wonder how anyone could believe a Judeo-Christian god could have put all this here just for us.  Please enjoy the video (from the American Museum of Natural History).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=17jymDn0W6U

Tags: American, History, Known, Museum, Natural, Universe, of

Views: 6

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's lovely. Thanks for posting it. I moved it over to the Science category.
That's a very nice video. It's a tribute to science in that the video is already out dated. Last year astronomers found evidence that our galaxy isn't a conventional spiral, it's a barred spiral. They believe the closest analogy is Galaxy M-109. There's lots of images on the web of M-109 though I've yet to find a real good crisp one.

RSS

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service