I need other people's opinions on a debate I have been having with my boyfriend.
I consider myself an Atheist, but I believe in Fate. (I define fate as " the universe will eventually reach a state of homoestasis")
He claims that because I believe this I am cleary not an Atheist! Because fate is a higher power than me.
Please let me know what you think either way!
Thanks so much
Miranda

Tags: Fate

Views: 19

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

so you are saying that "entropy" is more like a random coincidence than that "fate"...
it doesn't really change anything though, because I still think the universe will work itself out. I guess the real question is: Do you consider the Universe a higher power?
Thanks for the reply
I see and I feel the same way. I am am very grateful for you help with this I really just needed to see that I was not crazy or the only one who thinks this way. I don't think it will stop the debate, being as we are both extremly stubborn and we also are completly different end of the provebial specturm (He is a hardcore Christian and as I said I am an Atheist.)
But Thanks I am happy you helped!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Rick Springfield replied to Rick Springfield's discussion Scientific Adam and Eve in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
26 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand commented on Joan Denoo's blog post Capitalism can't work without a poverty class.
1 hour ago
sk8eycat replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
1 hour ago
sk8eycat liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
2 hours ago
Atheist in FundyLand posted a discussion
2 hours ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Says Higgs Boson Could Destroy the Universe in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service