We are out of step from the rest of the world. Almost every western nation has it at 18. They realize that you can't call soemone too imature to make an adult decision and then call them an adult at the same time.  18 can join the military, can get married, OWN A GUN and own proptery but can't drink!  A lot of people like to point out that it prevents car accsidents. I would like to point out the number of alohal related car accsidents have been going up since 1998 and the number of alcohal deaths related to alohcal abuse amoung teens has also gone up becuase they drink in private. Really all they did is take drinking out of the public squear for young people. They still drink Deaths still happen ehtier way.  The way we have it now we are discrediting the law and adulthood in the eyes of young adults that break the drinking age law.

At least with lowering the drinking age to 18 we can start an agressive education compagian to encourage SAFE drinking at hightschools and colleges.  Stastsiclly speaking in other european countries they have done this with sex and the amount of teen pregnancy went down.  They probably still hvaing sex but its safe sex. That is the point. We gotten to the point of a society that we can be a little bad and deal with it.

Really i don't think the government should tell anyone want to put in there body. Its to them to make that choice and they are liable if that choice back fires.

I also would like to point out freedom isn't safe.

Views: 703

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Perhaps you can improve this world a little and you can be polite also. Positive energy brings positive results, and it has nothing to do with magic, it is pure psychology. Your welcomed
lol..You are still welcomed... You forgot to say thank you...
Try something tomorrow; be nice to ten people. Say hello, thank you and your welcomed. You might make a new friend, new sale or have a good laugh. You will live longer and have less stress than if your trying to find parking spots to take.

Actually that's not precisely true. Positive thinking, defined as openness to ideas, people, relationships, and other opportunities, correlates to positive results in a medium strong way. That is, just being positive is meaningless. What is critical to gaining the benefits of an open outlook is having realistic expectations and goals. If you knew much about psychology you would know, "everything is multiply determined." "Positive thinking is one small factor, which sometimes does and sometimes doesnt, make a difference in a persons life.

Further i would argue that John is open in the manner dictated by "positive" thinking in that he sees an opportunity, a really close and open parking space, and takes it. I mean, i use the handicapped bathroom stall all the time. Why? Its larger and more comfortable and the chance that at that specific moment that a handicapped person would appear and get upset that i was using it is minimal.

I would hope that if you saw a pregnant ladyin a line in behind you that you would allow her to go first to the rest room.  I did not mean positive thinking, I meant expressing positive energies in his interactions with others. If you smile when say hello, instead of grunting and putting on an ugly face your get better responses from everyone you deal with. 

I think that everyone regardless of age should be given a very extensive driving test. As far as age and drinking, a better question is should government have the right to tell people what to do. In other words, do they have the right to tell us what we can and can't do. How about our bodies, speed limits, what cars we drive, what we wear. After that then it is a matter of the figuring an age of maturity. Maturity in thinking and action is not 18, anyone that is a little older than that can attest to this in their own lives and it is also proven scientifically. 

Personally, I rather drive whatever car I want, at whatever speed I want and park wherever I want. And would do it naked, and with a drink in hand too. However, how long would our society survive if everyone did that. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service