We are out of step from the rest of the world. Almost every western nation has it at 18. They realize that you can't call soemone too imature to make an adult decision and then call them an adult at the same time.  18 can join the military, can get married, OWN A GUN and own proptery but can't drink!  A lot of people like to point out that it prevents car accsidents. I would like to point out the number of alohal related car accsidents have been going up since 1998 and the number of alcohal deaths related to alohcal abuse amoung teens has also gone up becuase they drink in private. Really all they did is take drinking out of the public squear for young people. They still drink Deaths still happen ehtier way.  The way we have it now we are discrediting the law and adulthood in the eyes of young adults that break the drinking age law.

At least with lowering the drinking age to 18 we can start an agressive education compagian to encourage SAFE drinking at hightschools and colleges.  Stastsiclly speaking in other european countries they have done this with sex and the amount of teen pregnancy went down.  They probably still hvaing sex but its safe sex. That is the point. We gotten to the point of a society that we can be a little bad and deal with it.

Really i don't think the government should tell anyone want to put in there body. Its to them to make that choice and they are liable if that choice back fires.

I also would like to point out freedom isn't safe.

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Spoken by like a true facist. The federal government I know for a fact doesn't have that right.The federal government had to black mail states into making the drinking age 21 by with holding funding. Its a loop hole.  It should be plugged in. Some states are alright with the drinking age beign 18 or 19.

Yes we do have the right to do what we wish with our body. Its your body.  You have the choice to get an aboration. You have the choice of getting surgery but when it comes to drinking or drugs you don't. That is what is called a hypocrisy.

btw parents have the right to raise there children as they see fit. Teaching them to drinking is what some parents do.

That is sad you don't even get to have sex.

I guess you have never heard of asexuals.

I think being an atheist is better. yes I heard of them.

ah but im not a fascist dear friend. i am not arguing that you shouldnt have a right to control your body. i am arguing that you dont. you should learn the distinction. you really are quite ignorant about so many things.

btw, if parents have a right to raise their child as they see fit, then you dont have a right to do whatever you want to your own body, since your parents can make decisions for you. way to contradict yourself.

its not hypocrisy to allow abortions and not drugs. firstly our government is a democracy and hypocrisy applies only to the internal consistency of a single person or belief system. and secondly not all people who allow abortions and restrict drugs are claiming you have a right to do as you please to your body.

like all your other posts that one is riddled with illogic and ignorance. how do you expect to take people seriously when the things you say are so ridiculous?

whatever you want to your own body, since your parents can make decisions for you. way to contradict yourself.

Acutally I don't. When I said bring the drinking to 18 I mean it. As in 18 years olds should be able to buy booze and drink it. When you are under 18 you don't but I think parents should decide that not the government. The reason why I say 18 because 18 is the age of adulthood. When Say A person has a right to there own body. I mean people who are adults under the law but you knew that already. You were just trying to find a hole that wasn't there to discredit me because your a troll.

"all people who allow abortions and restrict drugs are claiming you have a right to do as you please to your body."

That what they are saying. The agurment about abortion is that women have a right to make a decision to remove the baby from there body because its her right to say what stays in or what goes out.   I am saying adults have the right to insert booze into there body but the pro choice people don't seem pro choice they seem more like pro-aboration rights. I think the problem I have when they call themselves pro choice because that implys people have a choice what goes on with there bodies. That is not what they are advocating just the right to have an aboration if you want one.

pro choice pro life is an abortion position. it has nothing to do with their other beliefs. also why is 18 the age of adulthood? if you are against arbitrary standards you should be against that as much as the drinking age.

Well its the law of the land that a parent pretty much acts in your best interst until you are 18. Notthing you can do about that unless you had a super majority.  Like I said before. When you turn 18 you have the right to do what you wish with yoru body becuase that is the age of adulthood.  When you are under 18 its different becuase under the eyes of the law you are not an adult.

"pro choice pro life is an abortion position. it has nothing to do with their other beliefs."

yes it does. One is advacting freedom and other is advacting government control.   You cannot say you can have an aboration becuase you have right to what goes on with your body then you can't do drugs. Once they make that agrument then they also sayings alright for me to inject herriom in my body because I have right to what goes on with it.

"Well its the law of the land that you can't drink until you are 18. Nothing you can do about that unless you had a super majority.  Like I said before. When you turn 18 you have the right to do what you wish with your body and alcohol because that is the legal drinking age.  When you are under 18 its different because under the eyes of the law you are not allowed to drink."

see what i did there? your argument is illogical.

No I don't because age of adult you can enter into a contract, allowed to get married, allowed to own a gun, be trailed as an adult and allowed to fight for your country.  18 is the age of majority. The drinking age abrides the age of majority .

If you stop being a damn trolling  and pay attention. I say when you are an adult I think you should have the right to put what ever you want in your own body because in the eyes of the law you can make adult decisions. When you not the parents has that right. Again, I don't think the government should tell parents what they can give to there kids or grown adults.   If you are so damn concerned that my agrument is counter productive then put your case on this thread or STFU. A prick like you says you are on my side but I don't beleive you.  You came on here being very hostile towards me. When people are hostile towards me the only thing I would like to say to those people is to FUCK OFF.

if you define hostile as amused by your over sensitivity, sense of entitlement, and lack of logically consistent argument and also your male privilege then yes, i am hostile. the age of majority is arbitrary. the drinking age is arbitrary.

although at your age apparently you cant spell like an adult. tried is the verb and not "trialed" anyways. and abrides isnt a word. i know what you say and think. i just dont know why you say and think that, or what defense of your position you have. and even an adult cannot put what they want in their body. further the government places all kinds of strictures on parents and not just not giving their kids alcohol. further neurology shows that if one were to set a comprehensive age line on decision making, 18 would not be the age to do it.

"sense of entitlement"

AcutallY have no sense of entitlement. I will earn the money to buy booze as I earn to buy anything else.  All I am saying, that the government doens't have the right to tell buinness to not sell me a product.

"lack of logically consistent argument"

Acutally its not. I said anyone over 18 should be allowed to put what they wish in there body.

"

further neurology shows that if one were to set a comprehensive age line on decision making, 18 would not be the age to do it"

Yes I know. Its around 25 to 27 when the brain fully matures.   My point is if you(the gov) are going to say 18 years old are adults and can be punished like one in the law.  Then they should be treated like adults all the way that includes being allowed to drink.   They give you all the burdens of adult hood but not all of the fun. That is an injustice, hpycrisy and out right bullshit. I don't see why you don't see that.

The reason we find you hilarious is because we do see that.  But, you seem to think seeing both sides of an argument is a bad thing.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service