We are out of step from the rest of the world. Almost every western nation has it at 18. They realize that you can't call soemone too imature to make an adult decision and then call them an adult at the same time.  18 can join the military, can get married, OWN A GUN and own proptery but can't drink!  A lot of people like to point out that it prevents car accsidents. I would like to point out the number of alohal related car accsidents have been going up since 1998 and the number of alcohal deaths related to alohcal abuse amoung teens has also gone up becuase they drink in private. Really all they did is take drinking out of the public squear for young people. They still drink Deaths still happen ehtier way.  The way we have it now we are discrediting the law and adulthood in the eyes of young adults that break the drinking age law.

At least with lowering the drinking age to 18 we can start an agressive education compagian to encourage SAFE drinking at hightschools and colleges.  Stastsiclly speaking in other european countries they have done this with sex and the amount of teen pregnancy went down.  They probably still hvaing sex but its safe sex. That is the point. We gotten to the point of a society that we can be a little bad and deal with it.

Really i don't think the government should tell anyone want to put in there body. Its to them to make that choice and they are liable if that choice back fires.

I also would like to point out freedom isn't safe.

Views: 697

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

In this set of post we have been talking about IDs.  You really need to learn to read.

@john

Exacly, its blackmail. Its way around making it a federal law. Some states don't feel the drinking age has to be at 21. THE madd people made this on a federal level. I don't think the states should be buyllied into this law.  

@The Nerd

the point is they will find a loop hole.

tell that to the insurance policy makers? or ugh... the druggies or the pushers and the pimps..
hey throw in a commercial influence or two; they'll be hurting. a vast majority of teens; as if the pills and cough syrup abuse was not enough

maybe if weed is lgalized frist then I'd say maybe ok...
funny post man!

How is weed ok to legize but not booze? YOu do realize the agrument to keep weed out of people the same as booze. They are scared of more car accendents. Don't you think the drugg lords acutally like this drining age because it makes there seem drugs easier to get? 

You do know the teens  iam talking about are ADULTS not mintors.   So if they hurt themselves that is there fault.

I want people to look at somthing. 

Here is a list of drinking ages almost every country in the world has it at 18 and the only western nation to have it as high as 21. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Legal_drinking_age

yes we are. I think its about time the U.S get in line with the rest of the world.  They learn to deal with it. Its also good for business. Imagine all the new bars and nightclubs that will open.

I support the drinking age being 16. Except for Ryan. For him its 30. Jesus Christ, making all teenagers look bad. All through highschool my friends drank, usually only a few times a month because of lack of access, but also because they were all straight A kids trying to get into Ivys and they had work to do for school, a job, and multiple extra-curriculars. They got wasted, forgot what they did last night, not much drunk sex though, and in one case one had to go to the hospital. But aside from that they were fine, and are kicking ass in college. They started drinking at 16 but didn't do a lot til 17. They also smoked a few times a month.

As for Ryan, the fact is that social drinkers actually live longer, are happier, make friends more easily and in general live better lives than non-drinkers. Of course binge drinking is bad, much like too much exercise is bad, or eating too much. Most problems with mind altering substances are the result of personal issues. Of course, some are a lot worse than others, like crack or heroin. But LSD, shrooms, weed, alcohol, and Salvia are generally low % life ruiners when used appropriately.

Anyone who open there mouth and fights back is just whinny immature teen right? I advoate that if my personal drinking age is 30 then you are not allowed to have children. (or sex)

"not much drunk sex though"

Thx science a fraud like you doesn't have children.

"As for Ryan, the fact is that social drinkers actually live longer, are happier, make friends more easily and in general live better lives than non-drinker"

I never disputed that.  Actually, people are binge drinking those few times a month that they do drink. Some say its because of the drinking age. 

i have no interest in either sex or children so ill make that trade. no drinking for you til age 30.

and my friends didnt have a lot of drunk sex. this is an objective fact. so im not sure what you are babbling about.

That is sad you don't even get to have sex.  Lets had jerking it to the list to make you really suffer.

I don't understand what you are babbling about. I said the fact is the drinking age is killing more people then its saving and its infringing on my right to do what i wish iwth my body and infringing of parents rights to teach there kids how to drink responsible. If that is whining then the presidentual debates are televised whining.

yes they are. not that you have a right to do what you wish with your body though. there is no such right.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Ahmed Wadee Zahawi liked Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
21 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
29 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
33 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
34 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
36 minutes ago
Luara replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
54 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
57 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Dr. Allan H. Clark's discussion Why God makes more sense than atheism according to Deepak Chopra
1 hour ago
Patricia replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
1 hour ago
Patricia liked Bertold Brautigan's discussion UK bans all teaching of creationism in government-supported schools
1 hour ago
Idaho Spud replied to Idaho Spud's discussion "Dr. OZ" & "The Doctors" give bad advice. in the group Health & Fitness
1 hour ago
Daniel W replied to Asad baloch's discussion Guidance required
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service