We are out of step from the rest of the world. Almost every western nation has it at 18. They realize that you can't call soemone too imature to make an adult decision and then call them an adult at the same time.  18 can join the military, can get married, OWN A GUN and own proptery but can't drink!  A lot of people like to point out that it prevents car accsidents. I would like to point out the number of alohal related car accsidents have been going up since 1998 and the number of alcohal deaths related to alohcal abuse amoung teens has also gone up becuase they drink in private. Really all they did is take drinking out of the public squear for young people. They still drink Deaths still happen ehtier way.  The way we have it now we are discrediting the law and adulthood in the eyes of young adults that break the drinking age law.

At least with lowering the drinking age to 18 we can start an agressive education compagian to encourage SAFE drinking at hightschools and colleges.  Stastsiclly speaking in other european countries they have done this with sex and the amount of teen pregnancy went down.  They probably still hvaing sex but its safe sex. That is the point. We gotten to the point of a society that we can be a little bad and deal with it.

Really i don't think the government should tell anyone want to put in there body. Its to them to make that choice and they are liable if that choice back fires.

I also would like to point out freedom isn't safe.

Views: 620

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He prides himself on being a jerk.
If any of you have read my posts, you probably know that I am not a jerk, but I really do like parking in the pregnant lady spots.  John D is right about it not being a legally defined parking spot. When I go to the gym, I park in it every time.  It is always open.  I feel that I am inconvenienced by child bearing families ALL the time.  I pay 6 thousand bucks a year in property tax, most of which is school tax, so that all those little bastards can go to school.  I'm parking in the "expectant mother" spot.  But I will be happy to open the door for a pregnant woman, should she be needing to go to Gold's gym.
There are people who are pro-abortion, for population-lowering reasons mostly. Not the same as being pro-choice.

Yes we do have the right to do what we wish with our body. Its your body.  You have the choice to get an aboration. You have the choice of getting surgery but when it comes to drinking or drugs you don't. That is what is called a hypocrisy.

Guess you have never heard of mandatory vaccinations.

"Society is produced by our wants, and government by wickedness; the former promotes our happiness positively by uniting our affections, the latter negatively by restraining our vices. The one encourages intercourse, the other creates distinctions. The first is a patron, the last a punisher. Society in every state is a blessing, but government even in its best state is but a necessary evil."  I wonder who said that???  SO YOU DON'T WANT GOVERNMENT OR YOUR PARENTS FOR THAT MATTER TO TELL YOU WHAT TO DO. Run for congress and change the laws otherwise the government has the guns on their side and all you can do is post here and wait till your older.  I think you are driving me to drink 
The federal government not even suppose to get involed with our personal lives.  That is up to the state. They blacked mailed all the states into doing this so really there has to be a legal way to nullify the federal law.

Go ahead and drink.

Alcohol Users

Alcohol users are a big problem in the UK and no doubt in similar countries around the world. They use a shit hard drug which causes immense physical and psychological damage and then burden the National Health Service with their illnesses and injuries incurred as a result of their addiction. Of course, they are likely to be 'good boys' who are law abiding in their habit and probably don't consider themselves as drug addicts. Statistical information from the NHS now confirms that alcohol use is the biggest cause of illness and injury, both directly and indirectly, in the UK and the cost to society is enormous. It is a sickness which is embedded in society.

Why use that dogs piss all your fucking life ? You would be better off using pure grade heroin ! You are already a loser so why not do it? You might also be better of using cannibis or designer drugs such as Mephedrone or Benzo Fury.

Finally, it is probable that the majority of alcohol users are prolific wankers but there is no statistical information available to confirm it.

Alcohol users are a big problem in the UK and no doubt in similar countries around the world

Its a big problem if you can't mind your own danm buiness.

"They use a shit hard drug"

Lower the drinking age hard drugs use will go up likely.

"

Finally, it is probable that the majority of alcohol users are prolific wankers but there is no statistical information available to confirm it."

You ever heard of this soluation? Since you have national healthcare just raise taxes on persons who drink more.

Every age group uses alcholol there is probably someone in your family who uses it.  maybe sister or brother or mayb eyour dad or mother. So you called your family a "wanker.

My body is not the property of the state, nor the property of society. It is mine, and it belongs to me. Since I own my body, which is my property, and property rights are extended to adults at the arbitrary age of 18, it would naturally occur that the drinking age should be 18. But, that would be giving people the freedom to be responsible or irresponsible, and we can't be having any of that in America.
lol unless you are over 21.  I find it funny other western nations are more free on this issue.
Well, we have a highly puritanical society that is obsessed with forcing their view of social morality on others through state sponsored force. It's really not all that funny. Quite scary actually. No one has any right to use force, or allow government to use force for them, to impose morality on others unless it directly effects their life, liberty, or property.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service