We are out of step from the rest of the world. Almost every western nation has it at 18. They realize that you can't call soemone too imature to make an adult decision and then call them an adult at the same time.  18 can join the military, can get married, OWN A GUN and own proptery but can't drink!  A lot of people like to point out that it prevents car accsidents. I would like to point out the number of alohal related car accsidents have been going up since 1998 and the number of alcohal deaths related to alohcal abuse amoung teens has also gone up becuase they drink in private. Really all they did is take drinking out of the public squear for young people. They still drink Deaths still happen ehtier way.  The way we have it now we are discrediting the law and adulthood in the eyes of young adults that break the drinking age law.

At least with lowering the drinking age to 18 we can start an agressive education compagian to encourage SAFE drinking at hightschools and colleges.  Stastsiclly speaking in other european countries they have done this with sex and the amount of teen pregnancy went down.  They probably still hvaing sex but its safe sex. That is the point. We gotten to the point of a society that we can be a little bad and deal with it.

Really i don't think the government should tell anyone want to put in there body. Its to them to make that choice and they are liable if that choice back fires.

I also would like to point out freedom isn't safe.

Views: 674

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Lets make things interseting. Double it, then add a zero to it. We are game.

Wow, $10,000 --- I don't think you can afford it in 2020 dollars. It is going to be like a used clunker. Plus the world is coming to end before then anyhow.  :) 

I would like other former and present alcoholics to chime into this discussion, just not lurk in the background.
The disccusion here is to lower the drinking age. Not my personal drinking habbits.  Country like europe have learned to live with the drinking age at 18 as the U.S should because in the end of the day its not your body it someone elses. You are taking ownership of someone elses body that is wrong.  In europe. I been there. Its nice to walk into a bar order a cold one and talk to people. I am noramally very shy. A drink helps me loosen up.
If you have been there then you know that Europe is not a country.  I agree with you that Tony is being a bit melodramatic.  Just because it can turn someone into an alcoholic doesn't mean it will happen to everybody.

Europe is a place. i been there. Are you asking which country?  Alright we are in a agreement. Lets be friends.

Of course not everyone will turn into an alcholic if they drink. Tony one of those people that gives into fear mongering or a member of alcoholic anonymous. 

Yes 10,000 put your money were your mouth is :) I really wish I was born in the UK. My Uk cousins have all the fun. While I get cheap whine.  I just think its nautral for americans to be authorian. It almost gentic. like the gay gene.
There is no such thing as a gay gene.
Say that to bill maher.
And he is an expert in genetics?

Sure why not. If mad house wifes can be an expert on highway statistics.

http://www.skeptictank.org/gaygene.htm

So all mothers are housewives?  And there is no such thing as a gay gene.  Just because something is genetic doesn't mean only one gene controls it.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service