How many people here just can't wait to watch The Bible on History channel tonight?

Views: 1352

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Secular, you hit that right on the nose.

Well, the whole series so far has been a greatly sanitized and "spiritually correct" version of this tedious, disjointed and absurd book reputed to be the literal an unerring word of an unseen, omnipotent force that exists in the minds of people suffering mass delusion.

I love it when in the story of Lot all the males in the town (Sodom) arrive at Lot's doorstep demanding to bugger the angels he is harboring. In the Bible Lot literally offers the sexually obsessed mob his own daughter which the mob dismisses. Why was the critical event changed? Obviously it just didn't feel right with the story that Christians want to know and remember.

You can bet that in tonights episode that the producers will do their level best to out "Mel Gibson" the the epoch torture, scourging and Crusifiction. American Christianity has become more obsessed with Christ and the Passion as a death cult since the 70's and the Jesus movement.

Regardless, I am looking forward to my next episode of the Vikings

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service