This is a quote from Allen Watt.  One of the best speakers about religion on NPR.  If you don't believe me just read the book of Leviticus.  

Fundamentalist Christians raciest are the most none Christlike people in America.  I have been an Atheist since I was very young  but I have read the bible from front to back.  It is full of a lot of ideology similar to the Muslim Bible.  Stoning people, selling you children, not going near a woman who is having her cycle.

The only redeeming thing in it is Christ's teaching.  Love you neighbor, do unto others as you would want them to do to you.

How can Christians be so fucking hateful?    

Tags: Bible, Evil

Views: 409

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

It's not. It's being investigated.
The Air Force has a big problem with this sort of thing at Colorado Springs

This is a wonderful site for free thinkers. It is worth checking out. sorry I could not fix the link so you can click on it. You will have to copy and paste
Had a similar conversation with my husband who still is giving Jesus the benefit of the doubt. He says Jesus came to tell everyone that they were doing it wrong. So the old testament is wiped out by the new and that's why you don't stone people anymore. A new covenant. He doesn't believe the bible is the expressed word of god,, but right there, I can't see that if its not the word of god, how can you give Jesus any credibility whatsoever? He's just a dude that started a cult, then. He maintains the bible is not to be taken literally. I really can't argue much with him, he gets all worked up. It hard to have to have that between us. He really doesn't like to hear arguments at all. Most of the time I have to bite my tongue, lest start a fight but it bugs me that he won't even listen to argument.
People can be very stubborn. Some people simply can't deal with life without something like to Bible to reassure them about death. It doesn't matter what you say to them. There mind is so closed and they will probable never question it. It is had to do but for the sake of your marriage you just have to live with it and don't try to change them because you will probably never succeed. Sorry
Not everyone is good at argument. Plus, if they have been taught that the devil will try to confound them with contrary arguments, then they will think that your arguments will only hurt them; so they must not and will not heed them. You can do no good if they believe your words come from the "devil".
Lisa,
You have my sympathies. My dear wife is Catholic and I am atheist (for lack of a better term) and I do not argue with her about religion because she has no concept of religion or its history. It would do you no good to ask your husband how he knows what Jesus said, seeing as he never wrote anything down for us to read. Old testament or new it is sand storm psychosis and if they had had Carl Sagan or Daniel Dennett around at the time we would not need this web site. (Which we do -thank God...)
I don't know your wife of course but I have found that people like her do not want to know the truth. It scares the hell out of them. It doesn't matter how logical your discussion is, it will never work. That is why you have people like us on the site. I am lucky my family doesn't believe in anything. I have a sister who I will not speak to me any more because I sent her a long email about the history and translations of the bible. The thing that really got to her I think was the Professor of Aramaic from UNC said the Aramaic word that was translated as Virgin has nothing to do with sexual status. It is one of those foreign words that simply does not translate into Greek or Latin very well but the word is very similar to describing her marital status. The History channel has had several good shows about the history of the bible.
"The Flintstones Is Not A Documentary"
Lewis Black
Hello!  No kidding! "Yabba Dabba Do!" is what we should all be yelling, right?
It's been a few months since I've dropped by here and am not surprized to see Matt VDB still arguing that jc existed. I still maintain his views are those of a theist. The arguments are the same. Is there such a term as "closet theist"??

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Brent Feeney replied to James M. Martin's discussion It Doesn't Take Long for this Racist Missouri Lawman to Blast Anyone Different from a Middle-Aged White Male
1 minute ago
Grinning Cat replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
16 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan joined Sentient Biped's group
16 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
16 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
18 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
22 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted a discussion
24 minutes ago
Idaho Spud liked Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs
26 minutes ago
Pat replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
28 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
28 minutes ago
Grinning Cat added a discussion to the group Justice For All
29 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
39 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service