This is a quote from Allen Watt.  One of the best speakers about religion on NPR.  If you don't believe me just read the book of Leviticus.  

Fundamentalist Christians raciest are the most none Christlike people in America.  I have been an Atheist since I was very young  but I have read the bible from front to back.  It is full of a lot of ideology similar to the Muslim Bible.  Stoning people, selling you children, not going near a woman who is having her cycle.

The only redeeming thing in it is Christ's teaching.  Love you neighbor, do unto others as you would want them to do to you.

How can Christians be so fucking hateful?    

Tags: Bible, Evil

Views: 473

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I worked for a year out of Salt Lake and there is something very strange about that city.  I could never put my finger on it but I sure it had something to do with all the Mormons.  If you are not a Mormon, remember you DO NOT have any Mormon friends.  They may act friendly but you will never be their friend.
That is about how I remember it too. It is their responsibility to have come to this knowledge. I have a theist relative who thinks that those dinosaur bones were put there by t devil to tempt and confuse us. Idk, if he also believes that the Earth is t center of t universe, that everything revolvse around us, and that the Devil similarly fools us w that as well. If you can believe ridiculous things on faith, then one can believe anything.
Wow, we must have gone to the same church!  That's exactly what my mom said.  My father said, though, that they had to burn in hell because the acceptance of Jesus as the Son of God and their Saviour who died for their sins is the ONLY way to Heaven.  Scary shit.  Child abuse if you ask me, and yes, I am permanently and hideously scarred from that crap.
I became an atheist and gay at the age of 6 or 7 and I lived in the bible belt.  It was lonely but it made me a better person.  I'm a mean SOB now. lol
The Mormons figured away around that.  It is called baptizing the dead
Here are a couple nasty Jesus quotes:
Matthew 10:34 “Think not that I am come to send peace on earth: I came not to send peace, but a sword.”

Luke 12: 53:The father shall be divided against the son, and the son against the father; the mother against the daughter, and the daughter against the mother; the mother in law against her daughter in law, and the daughter in law against her mother in law.
How can you focus on the "Nice" Jesus and not the "Nasty"?
Big assumption that jeebus said anything at all.
Bigger assumption that he never said anything though.
Yeah, to my knowledge, there is no proof, other than stories, that jesus ever existed. I mean, if we go by that standard of proof, then I guess we better re-think bigfoot, aliens, and Loch Ness monster! I know they aren't deities, but still, stories abound!
Hi Kelly,

Sorry, but by any reasonable standard of proof (in other words: the one we use for any other ancient figure of the time) Jesus turns out to have as much evidence for his existence as any other Galilean preacher of the time.
Which means that if we look at this objectively (which as rationalist, we should) then we find that if we're going to accept the existence of other similar preachers like Jesus, then we should also accept the existence of Jesus.

Attempts to try to dismiss the existence of Jesus always fail - because the fact of the matter is we have as much as we do for most other people of the time. Not much, but enough.

(Also, if you or anyone else want to discuss this further, I refer you to the "Do you believe Jesus existed" thread in the Theism section of the site)

Take care,

Matt

Jesus never wrote anything, and none of the writers of the New Testament ever met him.  There may have been a man at the core of all the sayings and stories, but we have no good evidence for that, only contradictory stories from devotees of a new religion.  Is there evidence for any other Galilean preacher outside of the Bible?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

BIPLAB DAS updated their profile
3 minutes ago
BIPLAB DAS posted a blog post
8 minutes ago
Luara commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Homosexuals!
10 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck commented on sacha's group No Nonsense
43 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Luara's discussion do theists actually believe it?
46 minutes ago
Ezra replied to Deidre's discussion What are u listening to?
50 minutes ago
54 minutes ago
Ezra posted videos
54 minutes ago
56 minutes ago
1 hour ago
Luara replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion People Generally Don't Like Whistle Blowers
1 hour ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Deidre's discussion Old fashioned ''sexting?''
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service