Is there actually a basis for values like compassion, empathy, etc.? Or are these just values that seem good to us because of the way our culture evolved. Do we only follow these values because we "feel" like we should?

Views: 17

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

"It is relevant to determine what you are getting at."
No it is not relevant because this is the topic of the thread: "Is there actually a basis for values like compassion, empathy, etc.? Or are these just values that seem good to us because of the way our culture evolved. Do we only follow these values because we 'feel' like we should?"
I have nothing to do with the question.

"What is it in your background that causes you to be so cold and uncaring for other people's feelings?"
So I'm "cold and uncaring for other people's feelings" (learn how to write, please) because I'm sometimes critical of people on a forum? Instead of trying to judge my personality based on a few posts, why don't you post something useful?
I don't visit this site often, and I just happened to today. I noticed there was something I hadn't replied to, so I replied to it. I don't know why I should have to explain the fact that I replied to a post directed toward me.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service