Astounding.

"It’s called a “wrongful birth” bill and it’s all about preventing women from having an abortion, even if it kills them. The Arizona Senate passed a bill this week that gives doctors a free pass to not inform pregnant women of prenatal problems because such information could lead to an abortion."

Views: 57

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sorry,I can't find how to correct my misspelling.

That's terrible! It's wrong on so many levels, and sets quite a precedent for political interference with  informed medical consent. Are we on the threshold of the former Soviet Union practice of sending protestors to mental institutions?

"Are we on the threshold of the former Soviet Union practice of sending protestors to mental institutions?"

It's possible...Or said person could just be branded a "terrorist" and whisked away to an undisclosed location.
All in all,this scares the crap out of me...I see what's happened in AZ as baby steps taken by the fundies so they can turn this country into a theocracy and force everyone to bend to their will.
If people do not stand up to these sanctimonious megalomaniacs now,I feel this is just the tip of a very ugly iceberg. I do not want to see people living like they had to live in the 1950's...But for those who are pulling these stunts,that is exactly what they want!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service