I would like to do a piece on my blog, Releasing Religion, regarding mixing God & government.  And I'd like to know what opinions people have here about doing such a thing.  Some points to mention are:

Glenn Beck is well known for arguing that we have misunderstood that founding fathers & their desire to keep church & state separate.  Holding his rally on 8/28, he gathered 150.000 people to hear him talk about bringing out country "back to God".  What do you think it would do to our country to "get back to God"? 

The Tea Party has been called racist Chrisotcrats. In their recent convention, most conference sessions began with prayers.  What do you think of the Tea Party?  Do you know very little about them?  Do you know a lot?  Please share your thoughts here.

The piece will be posted on www.releasingreligion.blogspot.com

Tags: 8/28, Beck, Christocrats, Glenn, Honor, Party, Rally, Restoring, Tea

Views: 313

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I had one also :D
"Pet Rocks" of the 70's.

Nobody was harmed with that, though.
I sure was. my damned sister hit me in the head with one. Still have the scar.
I wonder if the used will realize that they were once the money and media driving them dries up. They are now the enemy of the Rethugs if they push most of their agenda(if they ever figure out what that is), so the ones elected will be quickly coopted or pushed into the broom closet.
A friend of mine sent this to me today, a short article about "useful idiots".

It's pretty good.
read it...hmmmmmmmmm....
Must say, there is a lot of fat without the meat.. kept waiting for specific groups or something more than interesting insults..
I never said it wasn't polemical.
It was a decent article until he got showed his own failings and became a useful idiot himself. Perhaps this is an example of just how difficult it is NOT to be a useful idiot.

"One stop at the computer would produce thousands of pages of research which shows the volatile nature of these chemicals and the consequences of exposure"

"How many liberals ran screaming like schoolgirls at a Justin Bieber concert towards the global warming and carbon tax scam, only to find out that the climate labs responsible for all the research they had been eating up without question was actually using contrived and in some cases completely fabricated data?"

"Mr Bruno" needs a lesson in critical thinking and source validation techniques.
Thats kinda what I was getting too. reading it was like " insult insult insult conspiracy? insult insult anti vacc? insult insult..." lol seems like this thread has died out a bit now eh? I've been gone on duty for a several days but it doesn't seem like I've missed much, what's up with that people?
He was making some good point and I almost posted it to my fb page until I got to the anti-vac paragraphs. We don't need to spread that crap around any more than it already is.

perhaps this tea party is over except for us that never know when to go home!
Yes there is tons of misinformation out there about vaccines. Even people like Jenny McCarthy are not telling people to stop vaccinating their children. But what they are asking for is more research & better ingredients. We spread out our daughter's vaccines so that she wasn't getting a whole load of them at one time. It means more trips to the doctor's office but whatever. It made us feel better, plus we were able to monitor symptoms and reactions more accurately. I think the problem is people read something in an article that may seem anti-vaccine when it's actually pro-caution and pro-information. They get scared and they don't vaccinate their children. I also know a lot of parents who believe that there is a government conspiracy about vaccines. I don't subscribe to that train of thought, but I do think there is a lot we don't know about newer vaccines that come out and how they can affect some children. Particularly the new stuff. Just read in an article the other day that the new H1N1 vaccine has been linked to miscarriages in pregnant women. I remember them scrambling for a vaccine to H1N1, so I wonder if there's any legitimate claim to that (plausible) or if it's just another scare.
Hey Maia, check out this discussion thread re "Anti-Vaxxers ate my brain - a tourist's diary". It's a real hoot!

http://www.atheistnexus.org/forum/topics/antivaxxers-ate-my-brain-a

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service