I would like to do a piece on my blog, Releasing Religion, regarding mixing God & government.  And I'd like to know what opinions people have here about doing such a thing.  Some points to mention are:

Glenn Beck is well known for arguing that we have misunderstood that founding fathers & their desire to keep church & state separate.  Holding his rally on 8/28, he gathered 150.000 people to hear him talk about bringing out country "back to God".  What do you think it would do to our country to "get back to God"? 

The Tea Party has been called racist Chrisotcrats. In their recent convention, most conference sessions began with prayers.  What do you think of the Tea Party?  Do you know very little about them?  Do you know a lot?  Please share your thoughts here.

The piece will be posted on www.releasingreligion.blogspot.com

Tags: 8/28, Beck, Christocrats, Glenn, Honor, Party, Rally, Restoring, Tea

Views: 333

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

love that video! just watched and the song is infectious! great message too, love it!
It's a Lily Allen song originally, so the Agenda Project must have received permission to add the images they did. Katy Perry gets all the attention in the U.S., but I think Lily 's stuff is much better. That particular song got regular airplay in Europe believe it or not.
Another related post from AlterNet.

I hope that (what will likely become) a good deal of redundancy, doesn't waste too much of your time for the research on your article.
linda, the US is not a beacon of hope for human rights, and the evidence has been all around you. the Guantanemo issue? we have institutionalized torture BEFORE a trial. we have the ability to essentially arrest (kidnap) anyone and hold them without reason indefinitely(PATRIOT ACT). if i'm not mistaken, Habeus Corpus went out the window as well. we bomb countries and hit CIVILIANs regularly. The people we are supposedly at war with are not entitled to geneva conventions, which mandate fair treatment. WE HAVE AN ACTIVE PRISON CAMP off of "US" soil that actively tortures people who may or may not have information, may or may not be directly involved in conflict. hell, in this country we still have Capital punishment and have Murdered INNOCENT PEOPLE. the rest of the world may indeed be worse, but we are not light on the hill, while we seem to think we are.
linda, the US is not a beacon of hope for human rights, and the evidence has been all around you.

Park - Whew, I am worn out. I am not used to posting a lot.

I appreciate all your knowlege - I want to know everything - I want to face reality whatever that may be.

Thanks for your valuable contributions. I'm taking a break. Be back later.
Few Americans give thought to the depravity of the way we have been waging war, particularly to this last 10 yrs. The torture, detention without trial, and our stated exemption from the Geneva Conventions have made us as evil as those we claimed to be fighting against. The CIA has long known that torture rarely provides as much usable intelligence as the traditional methods. These blacker methods, combined with black ops "extraordinary rendition" of even American Citizens have made a mockery of our Constitution. But they were not done to fight the wars. They were done to make American Citizens and any peoples in the world that might deny our hegemony live in fear that we will use any means, criminal or not, to promote our empire. There were more private contractors in Iraq, employed by us, than US soldiers, and Blackwater employed mercenaries trained by the most barberous regimes on the planet. Blackwater was there to instill fear in the world and our citizens that our gov't had its own private army not beholden to congress or subject to any rules of civilization.

There was no al qaeda in Iraq until we destroyed Iraq's military and civilian institutions, and let them in. We destroyed what had been the best infrastructure for most of its populous in the middle east. Iraq was a secular state, and had the best educated citizens in the region with more engineers per capita than the US. Women served in gov't and taught in universities and had positions of leadership. There were more Jews and Christians in Iraq than any other Arabic nation. Sadaam was an evil b@st@ard but he was our evil b@st@rd created as the only way to keep a nation of 20% Sunnis out of the hand of the 60% shias with loyalties to Iran. Unless we attack and destroy Iran, which we no longer have the resources to do without MWDs, Iraq will be a suburb of Tehran within months after we pull out. We lost the war when our troops crossed the border but we continued toreign terror on Iraqis until we have created a generation that hates us and is patiently biding their time until our numbers are reduced to the point of the last days of Vietnam.
Just like Hitler needed the Jews to sew fear in the populace, the Bush/Cheney/Rumsfeld "axis of evil" used terror to stir up fundamentalist islam into an enemy they could use to make Americans look the other way as their rights were stripped, their Constition shredded and their irrational fears made to look rational. We have spent the last 10 yrs creating an enemy that will keep the military industrial complex untouchable and free to wreck havoc on the world to the tune of $trillions of dollars in their pockets.
Again, I can't find anything wrong in that statement~ I wonder how many people would try to deny it if they read it? Its understanding that makes a person intelligent, not knowledge. you can have knowledge and no understanding, but if you have understanding then you create the knowledge.
Dan - I am afraid that for every good point you make there are 1000's of people out there that can make just as good a point on the other side and I don't like your attitude. You took a cheap snipe at me in one of your other posts and that shows your lack of common courtesy. I am from now on ignoring you.
That is certainly your privilege. I attacked neoconservatism, not individuals but whatever. Again, If you really want a different source for info than the right wing MSM, yes, that is correct, RIGHT WING MSM read Noam Chomsky. Here is a quote:

Either you repeat the same conventional doctrines everybody is saying, or else you say something true, and it will sound like it's from Neptune.
Noam Chomsky
I'm trying to figure out what this "attitude" of your is. That Linda doesn't like.
I'm trying to figure out what this "attitude" of your is. That Linda doesn't like.

Susan - he made a smartass comment about me using the phrase referring to immigrants coming here in "droves". That, and the hostile and formal superior smugness and coldness to his posts just don't sit well with me. There are a couple other things about him that really set me off but it would be rude to get specific about it on this forum. I mean sure, maybe he is a perfectly nice guy but whatever, thank God for the distance in cyber space. I just don't want to deal with him.
Please ignore this. You thank "God" too often on this website and you will be the one that get's piled on by the godless masses at AN. Just reaching out a hand in friendship, as long as you're not a closet xtian troll.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service