Hello fellow non-theists! Good to see a large grouping of you all in one place. It's a relief from all of the blindly religious people that I've been surrounded by all of my life in Van-tucky, Washington (seriously, there's a church on every corner I swear). Anyway, I've identified as an atheist since about 6th grade. I wasn't really raised religious, but my parents raised me assuming I'd believe in god (and be a right wing nut... HAHA, funny). Luckily, I used that silly little thing called brain power and pieced the puzzle together on my own and decided that the idea of a god is pretty ridiculous, and religion is even more ridiculous. I don't need to rely on imaginary friends to get me though my life. I remember saying when I was in elementary school something along the lines of, "I don't want to follow the rules of some god, I can make my own decisions." I toyed with the idea of religion in about 3rd grade for a very short time period, only because my very, very, VERY Catholic babysitter tried brainwashing me. I didn't understand the religion or god thing at all (which is how they get you). I'm really glad I grew out of that quickly. 

Some random facts: I play guitar and piano, and I do photography. I hate school (shocker) but I have about a 3.8 GPA, so I guess I'm good at school to some extent. I'm going into my third year in student government, and I manage the cheer team. So, I guess I'm pretty involved in my school, and I like that. I love planning events. Other than that, I spend a lot of time (and most of my money) going to concerts. I've been to over 50 at this point, and I won't even be 18 until September. Uhh, let's see... Well, I definitely DO NOT fit in where I live. I've lived in rural farm land my entire life. While it can be pretty at times, I'm in love with the city, so I'm excited to get the hell out of here once college rolls around. 

I think that sums it up for now. Oh, and I write a lot of pointless rambling, in case it wasn't evident enough already... Anyway, I'm glad to be here surrounded by you fine folk.

Views: 14

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

We're glad you're here Vanessa! =)
Welcome Vanessa!!
Hey! Glad you made it. I have a twenty year old son, and it seems to me that your generation is a lot less religious than mine. I think that's great. I play guitar too. Eric and the Idols on FB.

Wow,-----you sound like a Dream Teen.  :)  Hey,----keep up the great GPA.

Keith in Arlington, Texas  (talk about the Bible Belt.....)

6th grade? You got out early...lucky (took me 17[ish] years).

I know how you feel about towns with a bunch of churches. My hometown (don't exactly live there anymore) has like some 16+ churches for a town of 16,000. Heck, our "motto" is the Village of Faith. Its not rural or anything, just isolated.

I love the city as well, which is why I also got the hell out of my town and chose a college in a big city.

There are that many churches, really? I guess we must be lucky here (just a bit south of you).

Hey :)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Latest Activity

Neanderthal Man posted a video

Viking Trance - Who's You from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Viking Trance - Who's You

Music by Viking Trance with video editing by Napoleon Bonaparte. 〩In The Mix 24/7 at http://www.vikingtrance.com ॐ ViKING TRANCE PsΨ Radio iTunes:https://itunes.apple.com/artist/viking-trance/id546597057 Choose Your Preferred Sound Quality @…
16 minutes ago
sk8eycat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
19 minutes ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Viking Trance in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
20 minutes ago
Barbara Livingston commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
26 minutes ago
Grinning Cat liked Warren Jappe's photo
27 minutes ago
Asa Watcher replied to Charles Cassels's discussion Petrified forests take millions of years?
28 minutes ago
Grinning Cat liked Warren Jappe's photo
28 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Daniel W's discussion Zombie Christmas!
29 minutes ago
Grinning Cat commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
30 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Visvakarman Svetasvatara-Upanish's discussion Do you guys know what tomorrow is?
36 minutes ago
Barbara Livingston commented on Daniel W's group Godless in the garden
40 minutes ago
Asa Watcher replied to Matt Gabe's discussion Atheists who preach religion and theists who preach atheism
40 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service