Survey: What criticisms or pet peeves do you have about fellow atheists?

I decided to stir the pot a little this morning with something I have been thinking alot about recently for a blog I am planning in the future.

Does anything drive you crazy about fellow atheists?
Any criticisms? Any comments or behavior you would warn against?

Views: 44

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I realize I'm late to the party, and this thread seems to have ended, but I just have to add something.
The one thing that drives me crazy when talking to other atheists... The one thing that I never say anything about because I don't want to be that person who nitpicks instead of responding to the content of a post...

"Athiest". :)

Sometimes it's a typo. I've been known to type things like that myself. But there are some people who consistently write it that way and probably think the word's supposed to look like that, and I think I know why.

It's because we all learned:

I before E
except after C
Unless it says "A"
as in "neighbor" or "weigh"

Thanks a lot, 3rd grade spelling rhyme. This is clearly your fault.
In England, they recently advised teachers *not* to teach the i before e rule.

http://www.timesonline.co.uk/tol/life_and_style/education/spelling_...

Perhaps it was a nod to atheism. :-)

I occasionally find myself accidentally mistyping "atheist", but just out of an effort to type quickly. I tend to catch other typos fairly quickly (but not always). The misspelling "athiest" seems harder to catch for some reason, so try to remember to pay extra attention when typing.
I do the same thing. I have to switch them fairly often. I know in my head that typically all "isms" start with "i", and therefore the "e" comes first, but I type it before I reason it out. But, "Athiests" isn't so bad when you've seen "Athesits" multiple times from the same individual.
I don't like when Atheists seem overly bitter, lack a love for life, have a general existentialist apathy, or are completely self-righteous... Aside from just being annoying, it gives religious protesters something to talk about and wards off potential de-converts...

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo liked John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years
8 minutes ago
Joan Denoo posted a blog post
12 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
34 minutes ago
Freethinker31 commented on Freethinker31's blog post About that Bible
56 minutes ago
Dr. Allan H. Clark replied to Scot Hinson's discussion Suicide ?!?
1 hour ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
k.h. ky replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Flying Spaghetti Monster invades heaven.
1 hour ago
k.h. ky replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
1 hour ago
Tara Toleman joined John Tidwell's group
1 hour ago
Sentient Biped commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
2 hours ago
Sentient Biped replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Scientists Say Neanderthals and Modern Humans Coexisted in Europe for about 5,400Years in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
2 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service