My mother died last Sunday aged 78.  I am in charge of the memorial service.  The memorial service and burial  belong to my mother . I don't want to share my atheism.  My sister bought pastor for my mother . It is okay but I don't bother to listen crap from Pastor because this special event belongs to my mother.

I am writing the eulogy . My mother has full of joy in her lifetime and she died in peace.  I want to say she died peaceful and time for her to reunite with my father in the grave , she is not going to Heaven that is full of fairy tales .  My expression mean for my mother, she died then cremated. The ashes is in the urn now and will bury on March 16th . I see this like  like a tree with leaves , During the spring, bud bloom then Fall, the leaves turn  decay and fall then Winter , the tree without leaves and  bared.  That  applies to my mother's lives. New bud bloom during the spring that is her next generation.

Something like that , She died natural.  I want to mention Mom compare  like what?

Any suggestion?

All above are my American Sign language so I speak in ASL.

Thank you,

Mark

Views: 281

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

My apology, this should go water cooler not an introductions categories discussion forum but I am new on this website.

What you said here is beautiful and meaningful! You don't need to talk about heaven, just her joyful life and how her love and influence will live on in people who knew her. Everyone in your family and among her friends, whatever their beliefs, can relate to that.

A completely godless reading that I've encountered at both humanistic and Jewish religious observances:

(Maybe something like this could be a part of your mother's memorial service.)

We Remember Them
[by Rabbi Sylvan Kamens and Rabbi Jack Riemer; appears on many websites, also as "A Litany of Remembrance" or "Memorywork". This version, mostly from http://journeyofhearts.org/kirstimd/weremem.htm , has a couple of extra verses.]

At the rising of the sun and at its going down,
We remember them.
At the blowing of the wind and in the chill of winter,
We remember them.
At the opening of buds and in the rebirth of spring,
We remember them.
At the blueness of the skies and in the warmth of summer,
We remember them.
At the rustling of leaves and the beauty of autumn,
We remember them.
At the beginning of the year and when it ends,
We remember them.
When we are weary and in need of strength,
We remember them.
When we are lost and sick at heart,
We remember them.
When we have joys we yearn to share,
We remember them.
When we have decisions that are difficult to make,
We remember them
When we have achievements that are based on theirs,
We remember them.
As long as we live, they too shall live,
for they are a part of us, as we remember them.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service