Enough is enough! 

There has been way too much silliness and name-calling on Nexus lately. People are joining groups they disagree with simply to argue with group members. Others are stalking and chasing members around the site simply to harass them. Thin-skinned or not, this has caused visits to Nexus to be a chore for many, and a few have left the site. 

The only qualification to be a member of Nexus is to be a nontheist. Other than that we are a community. Civil debate is welcome in the forum, but should not be tolerated in individual groups (unless this is the purpose of the group), and on member pages.

If you are unsure what is acceptable behavior, check out the Site Rules. If you are having a problem or you notice anyone violating the rules, please use the "Report an Issue" link at the bottom of every page. 

Finally, I am seriously considering adding the title of the below Phil Plait speech to our rules.

Click to open video in a separate window: Don't Be A Dick

What do you think? Good idea or not? I am interested in any feedback and open to solutions. I'm not looking for complaints.

Be forewarned that NO member names will be allowed in comments.

Tags: Phil, Phil Plait, Plait, Rules, Site, site rules

Views: 171

Replies are closed for this discussion.

Replies to This Discussion

A person commented on your blog expressing skepticism of your assumptions. Rather than defending your position against the skepticism, you instead deleted the person's comments and accused him of both hatefulness and stalking.

And yet, Matt VDB has commented many times on the same blog, expressing extreme skepticism of Diana's position. Those comments remain where Diana has defended her position against his skepticism.

Which would strongly suggest that Diana's criteria for deleting the other person's comments were NOT motivated solely (or possibly at all?) by academic challenge and a non-desire to defend her position. Otherwise, Matt's comments would be gone as well.
This discussion is closed for now. I have asked MoJoe to help out, and he will be posting a new thread in the morning where everyone can express their opinions.

In the meantime, everyone take a breather. Please.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

EducationIsCool posted a video

10 Questions For Every Atheist ANSWERED

Video response to the blog post entitled, "10 Questions For Every Atheist" (or "Some Questions Atheist Cannot Truly and Honestly REALLY Answer! Which leads t...
9 minutes ago
The Flying Atheist liked Donald R Barbera's blog post Nipples, Nipples, Nipples
11 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Christine's discussion What exactly is "sin" anyway??
27 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
30 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Christine's discussion What exactly is "sin" anyway??
32 minutes ago
BarbaraSATX commented on Sentient Biped's group Godless in the garden
35 minutes ago
Freethinker31 commented on WayneO's blog post And the Evening and the Morning Were the Fourth Day
37 minutes ago
Kelvin Hilerio replied to satyam dangi's discussion Do we need to change the entire spectrum of human civilization ?
37 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Christine's discussion What exactly is "sin" anyway??
46 minutes ago
Kelvin Hilerio posted a status
"About to play Tearaway later 2night!"
51 minutes ago
Christine posted a discussion
55 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
56 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service