Stingy Atheists? Rick Warren=$2.4 million in a few days. Br. Richard=$3,076 in 2 months

Well.....

It does make me wonder.  They do look enough alike that they MIGHT just be the same person.  I mean, have you ever seen them in the same room together?  Huh?

So why is it that one gets megabux at the flip of his fat little pinkie finger, and the other cant bring in diddly squat in 3 months?  Are Atheists stingy?

There is that big green button that says "Donate Online".  Hows about it?

(This is my opinion.  I am not a board member or founder of Nexus.  It does not reflect the views of this site.  Br. Richard will probably excommunicate me for this, but his alter ego might welcome me to Saddleback).

Tags: money

Views: 85

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I want to know how one breaks into the full-time professional administrator biz. Does one also get benefits?
So why is it that one gets megabux at the flip of his fat little pinkie finger, and the other cant bring in diddly squat in 3 months? Are Atheists stingy?

Atheism contains no Prosperity Theology.
I agree with you. I am happy to contribute to the site as often as I can and I'm glad to do it. Promoting reason and scientific education will help put an end to problems of poverty, superstition and religious oppression that causes the need for more charity. My guess is that people have different uses for this site. I don't have a site to promote but I do have an appreciation of this site as a place to enjoy the thoughts of (somewhat!) like-minded people.
I will assume that Daniel is addressing a more fundamental question than the funding of this site.
I think Stephen is on the right track with 'prosperity theology'. It's much easier to get money out of brainwashed people than those who are more critical and think for themselves. Remember, people donating to religious causes also do so with a certain self interest - they think it is going to pay off for them in the next life.
I'm starting to wonder whether making constructive suggestions serves any purpose whatsoever, so I'll repeat some things again that will probably go in a pile and get forgotten all over again.

* An Ebay store where a|n members can donate things that are no longer useful to them for sale

* Monetizing the serial "look at my blog!!!!1" spammers by saying "Sure, you are welcome to write meaningless one liners with just a link to your vanity page. It's only $x/week."
felch,
Is the e-bay idea further elaborated in a blog too? If many of the donations happen to be books and digital media I would suggest half.com - a sister site to e-bay. It is easier to use from my experience. It allows competitive price setting by evaluating the current price of the same or similar items for sale by other half.com members.
I'll wait to find out if there is more covered in your previous proposal for this idea before going further.
Me too. I am on a monthly plan, so I will increase to the next increment tonight. I hope that someone else does the same.
Pshaw. Everyone here is just words on a screen until I meet people in the flesh. Could also be a dream, and I'll wake up from it with unexplainable carpal tunnel syndrome.
Cafe Press

good idea. There are many artistic people here on AN
A lot of the problem is probably this:

vs. this:
(Sorry, it's an ad but I have no idea what the company does)
but his alter ego might welcome me to Saddleback

Say no more! Will there be an Oscar-winning film?

I used to donate to the Public Broadcasting System (PBS) when I had a teevee. I'd still donate if I had oodles of cash.

I look at Nexus as a form of education/entertainment (among other things) similar to PBS, except that it's here 24/7. I don't have to get dressed up; I can sit here in my flannel jammies and log-in from the comfort of my couch. It's even more egalitarian than PBS because we all create the programming.

If I go out to see a fillum, I'll have to pay anywhere from $6.50 to $11.50 for a couple hour's entertainment. I "watch" Nexus anywhere from two hours to (mumble mumble) hours a day. The pittance I drop in the hat every month is minimal compared with the entertainment, education, and friendship I've found/created here.
Grundgie:
If I go out to see a fillum, I'll have to pay anywhere from $6.50 to $11.50 for a couple hour's entertainment. I "watch" Nexus anywhere from two hours to (mumble mumble) hours a day. The pittance I drop in the hat every month is minimal compared with the entertainment, education, and friendship I've found/created here.

So very true, (although here in San Francisco a film is more like $15). I am disgusted with comments like Ryan's above.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service