Do you still adhere to vegetarianism? If so, do you still use the meat substitutes? What are your reasons for remaining veggie, if you do?

For me, I became an SDA and a vegetarian shortly before I honed life skills like preparing nutritious meals and shopping for food. So I just really don't know how to prepare meat. Also, I'm pretty healthy well into my late 50s, and I can't help but think that might have something to do with it. EGW said enough crazy and erroneous health stuff to fill a library, but the major points of the "health message" seem to be sound.

Views: 675

Replies to This Discussion

I was raised to think EGW writings regarding health were more valid than science and therefore more miraculous since these "truths" were supposedly revealed to her divinely. I now eat pretty much whatever I want without the guilt. I look back with some anger about being indoctrinated to think my eternal salvation could be at risk for eating shrimp or licking a pork chop. What a waste of mental energy.

My family was never fully vegetarian and furthermore as a young'in I used to go over to a friend's house for dinner, leaving out the fact that they were having pepperoni pizza. So no I am not vegetarian but I do not eat much meat because I figure with beans and nuts I can get the protein I need and some very good fats from the nuts as well. Like all things I find that total abstinence is unnecessary and instead moderation is a more reasonable way to live.

This post brings to mind a South Park episode. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service