http://www.fanfiction.net/tv/StarTrek_The_Next_Generation/

This is a great website with many stories on Star Trek The Next Generation.

Think of all the hours you could spend here ... reading all these wonderful tales.

Views: 3054

Replies to This Discussion

So cool Steph, thanks! I just got finished watching an episode called "Lessons", where Picard falls for a new science officer who helps him explore his music with the flute he learned when he lived another life on a planet which was destroyed 1000 years ago when its star went supernova. A beautiful episode full of joy and sadness, they end their relationship when she almost dies as a result of his orders and he realizes he could never order her into danger again. This episode will stay on my DVR for a long time, and in my heart even longer.

Steph, thank you for this. Already read three since I got home from work. Will let you know of any I particularily like.

That's awesome Tony I am so glad to hear that you love the website! Yes I'd love to hear the stories that you like.
Jedi I have STNG on DVD. I just love the series. I hope you like the website too!

I have at least one or two seasons on DVD, but they are overseas packed in boxes with all my other things. :-( TNG was what I grew up with, it was a big part of what went into making me who I am. I was also a huge fan of Voyager later on, I remember coming home from school and staying up until 11pm to watch each new episode begin, which meant I was up until 12am every night of the week! I would never have done that if it weren't for the impact TNG had on my childhood. I look fwd to reading these stories!

I grew up with STNG too Jedi. Did you ever watch the old series?

I also really loved Voyager too ... I love all the series.

Very cool Jedi ... more stuff in common

Jedi, Steph, just to come clean, TOS was my favorite, TNG my second favorite. If I need to turn in my card, so be it. BTW, the Klingons were my favorites. Even tho' many see them as inspired by the oriental mindset, I see them as more like the Native American plains tribes, particularily the Lakota, with some southwest tribal influences. What were yall's favorite aliens?

I love the original series too Tony. I also have the TOS on DVD as well .. and the enhanced DVD set too.

Spock was my favorite in the original series. I just adored him.

I loved the Vulcans .. they were my favorite alien species. 

You are likely older than I am, Tony, so it would be natural to have a special affinity for TOS. I also am a big fan of the Klingons, I came to realize that they were the representation of man's passionate side, which was the opposite of the Vulcans who represent the rational side. I sure never made the connection to native American tribes before! Also think the Borg were pretty bad-ass.

I just love the Borg! Love them!

:-D Resistance is futile.

Yeah, I'm 58. And yeah, the Borg, totally scary, totally badass. It wasn't until my late teens that I made the connection to Greek tragedy and Star Trek. Pretty slow of me. So with every subsequent series, I watched closely for the common mythology/cultural indices, and came up with the Native Americans influence. And I could be completely wrong, but it seems to fit pretty good. But probably so could some others, as the writers seemed to draw from all over.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service