Will you learn it? Do you know how to speak it? In our area, i just heard about some school workers (bus drivers, cafeteria, faculty? - I was half asleep, but i remember it being school employees) having to learn spanish to hold their job. I'm seeing more signs at restaurants in spanish, like "order here" at Wendy's. At Walmart, i choose english or spanish at the self checkout. I have to say that i don't like it, and don't want to learn spanish. What's your opinion on learning spanish. Will you do it. Are you for it, against it? Also, i'm curious about what changes are going on in other parts of the country. Feel free to comment on that. examples: (road signs, store signs, job requirement, menu, non english speaking customer service workers, etc.)

Views: 31

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

no, i'd never learn spanish. if a person comes to the U.S. the least they can do is learn our language.
they want to come to the u.s. for all the benifits ,but can't speak english ? come on people!
we pay taxes to take of people that can't speak english or contribute nothing to our society.
personally i think it is insane.

i'd never go to another country and expect that country to learn english just to accommodate ME.

in short!! if you can't speak the language of the country you're in,,,get the f**k OUT!
of course this is just my opinion.

I hope that this is an attempt at parody.
If it is, I've fallen into another sarchasm.
My wife is mexican and speaks fluent spanish but I'm agiest forcing people to learn it English is the national language and it should stay that way as it the international trade language.
Anyway where i live in Oregon its more slavic languages such as russian and ukrainan that are taking over and asian languages that said i think its important for people to hold on to thier customs as well as assimilate in the melting pot culture that of which is the USA.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service