oh, and rape?  sorry, but it requires at least 2 or 3 witnesses for it to be valid.  Forget that DNA evidence - it doesn't count cuz it isn't in the good book.

so says Ron Hamm, the pastor of the Independent Baptist Church of Wasilla, AK (yes THAT Wasilla)

"...And while I understand that in Alaska the lone female is able to convict her alleged perpetrator, this goes contrary to the Bible. In the book of Deuteronomy we find the following: “One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.”

"While in our day of feminism it is asserted that a woman’s body is her own. Biblically speaking, this is only true prior to marriage, for in Paul’s first epistle to the Corinthians we read:  “Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.”

http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2011/07/20/faith/doc4e25134ce5...

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I for one would like to take this opportunity to thank all of the feminists (whether they ever called themselves that) who stood up in the face of: death, domestic violence, rape, public humiliation and centuries of roaring male laughter to fight for the life I enjoy today. Yes, this is ridiculous, yes these beliefs are laughable and Yes - we still need to fight against them.
I don't how women can still belong to any of these misogynistic desert dogma's. These religion were created by men who considered women to be nothing more than sex objects, and second class citizens. Yet, when you tell them this they deny it. I'm glad to be an atheist.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service