oh, and rape?  sorry, but it requires at least 2 or 3 witnesses for it to be valid.  Forget that DNA evidence - it doesn't count cuz it isn't in the good book.

so says Ron Hamm, the pastor of the Independent Baptist Church of Wasilla, AK (yes THAT Wasilla)

"...And while I understand that in Alaska the lone female is able to convict her alleged perpetrator, this goes contrary to the Bible. In the book of Deuteronomy we find the following: “One witness shall not rise up against a man for any iniquity, or for any sin, in any sin that he sinneth: at the mouth of two witnesses, or at the mouth of three witnesses, shall the matter be established.”

"While in our day of feminism it is asserted that a woman’s body is her own. Biblically speaking, this is only true prior to marriage, for in Paul’s first epistle to the Corinthians we read:  “Let the husband render unto the wife due benevolence: and likewise also the wife unto the husband. The wife hath not power of her own body, but the husband: and likewise also the husband hath not power of his own body, but the wife.”

http://www.frontiersman.com/articles/2011/07/20/faith/doc4e25134ce5...

Views: 69

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

And if you were married to him it would be your balls you would be punching, if I understand correctly. Wouldn't the whole male owns female bit make sex between a married couple a form of masturbation?

I've known a guy that thought that he couldn't rape his wife because they had become one body and blood at the day of marriage. 

I puked inside my mouth a little when I heard that.

some actions are wrong even when they're "right".

Owning another person is never right. 

My husband told me to kick your ass.
Love your response! :)
Yea, biblical literalists never understand how their ideals, particularly in regards to justice and society in general, just aren't realistic.

It's all just illogical sexist crap.

Alrighty then!  More Bronze/Iron Age, tribal, barbaric wisdom to live by.  So I guess the next time I'm in Court and a client is charged with domestic violence, I can use the 'ole Deuteronomy/Corinthians defense.  "Screw this noise judge, she's the only witness.  Plus, your honor, her broken collar bone, ruptured spleen, and fractured eye socket are his property anyway."  Yeah, that's going to fly!!!

Glad to see the Wasilla hillbillies, snake handlers, and witch doctors are finally moving in to the 2nd millennium (BCE).

WHAT don't people GET about the fact that believing the bible to be the word of 'god' doesn't mean it is????  It's just a HORRIBLE and NOT GOOD book!!! Such idiocy.  Blows my mind.

Apart from the obvious one of the things i find most disturbing about his is how normal, professional and generic thepublication looks. How can such evil be disguised with such normalcy.. oh thats right he is a Reverend.

MB

With some exceptions, the comments section does reflect better on those that read the article than on the one who wrote it.

Great headline, LarryL. Do women show for these sermons? They need a serious intervention and a good look in the mirror.

I don't know Andrea, but "Pastor Hamm" sure is getting some serious intervention from the comments to the story.  I just picked up this poem someone wrote:

"Jesus loves you, this Ron knows
Your body, ladies, is not your own
You can't tell your husband no
For you are weak and he is strong

Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Your body's not your own

If your husband stinks a lot
He's still yours an'he's all you've got!
Listen to him huff and roar
Let him do his thing, then hear him snore!

Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Your body's not your own.

Christian men are exempt from rape
They act on urges like an ape
If you're good you'll shut your mouth
When the marriage starts-to-go south

Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Yes, Jesus loves you!
Your body's not your own."

I can't believe women actually allow this to happen. Brainwashings one thing. But most people of this planet think they are the only ones who are normal and think correctly. How can group think override your sense of "I'm right everyone else is full of crap" mentality. Especially when it comes to you can't do X because you don't have a penis.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

William Sams shared their photo on Facebook
10 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion The Answer to Problems in Iraq? (I don't think so!)
13 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
19 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Nonbeliever's equivalent of wearing a cross
25 minutes ago
William Sams commented on William Sams's video
30 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K updated their profile
30 minutes ago
William Sams shared their video on Facebook
31 minutes ago
John Aultman liked Christine's discussion Praise Be Unto He........
36 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K liked Carrot Hare's discussion Atheists around the world! ASSEMBLE!
39 minutes ago
KIMBERLY K posted a status
"Thanks for the welcome comments. I came to reasoning after the silence of sexual assault and then reading the famous silly book. Now unlearn"
46 minutes ago
Luara replied to Luara's discussion Price increase without notice
58 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion The Answer to Problems in Iraq? (I don't think so!)
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service