Hey, everyone we need your help.

We want to create several social networking buttons to be used on your websites. Many of you have used the Atheist Nexus badges, but we want to create ones like we see all the time. Like these:

The Foundation Beyond Belief had one created for their website.

Atheist Revolution uses our sites favicon.

One graphic artist created the ones below. I like them, but they may be too dark.

Here's what we need:

1. Graphic artists: reply to this discuss with a sample of your own.
2.  Everyone else: Do you like the simple "X" (like is used with Facebook and Twitter)? Or, should we keep the word "US" with it as well?

Soon we will have a page with dozens of samples free for the taking. If yours is used, full credit will be given.

Thanks in advance,

Richard

Tags: Media, Social, button, buttons

Views: 1740

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Love the Lego ones! =D

And the wooden ones.

AND the coffee cup ones!

I had no idea there were so many styles! I never pay much attention to them, since I don't go to too many networking sites. I have a Facebook page that I update occasionally, and a MySpace page that I almost never visit.

I think the inclusion of "US" may be (incorrectly) perceived by some as divisive or parochial - "US = U.S." rather than "US = us". There are a lot of us here from all over the world, and we may as well try to be as inclusive as possible, not least by simple implication.So my vote is for a simple "X" in its distinctive form.
Here are some. My aim was to make some which looked sociable and receptive.
I think how we use the X matters..

How's that?

Or this?

If you wish to contact me Facebook is the quickest/easiest way.
Kat N. Nerdana

Are there specific dimensions for these images that you need? Like favicons are always 16x16. What pixel dimensions do you need?

I don't know how these examples are being created, but they're of extremely low graphic quality. I'm not half bad at making buttons (I favor orb buttons, myself), so let me know if you have that piece of information.

There are no specific size requirements at this time. For quality purposes, it is probably better to make them larger and then re-size them.
I like the simplicity of the double orbits with nothing else. It looks cleaner. Anything more like adding the "us" at the end is confusing or cluttering. Just keep it simple.

I think even though I am new here on AtheistNexus.org ..... we need to go sunshine... lmao.... 

LET it SHINE LET it SHINE.....!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I like the simple X  

It looks good!

I made a few icons with different color schemes. They're at pretty standard sizes: 16x16, 32x32, 64x64. The images you see below are PNGs and useable as they are.

The "X" as it stands is just a bit too thin to hold up on small icons, so I made it a bit thicker for these. It's still recognizable as the same logo.

Should I try any other color variations? What do you think?

Cory, I really like these. It is along the line of what we want.

I wonder if we should pretty up the colors somewhat? They match our theme, but I don't know if they would look the best up against other buttons.

Also, do you think the buttons would look good if the "X" expanded to the edges to divide the box into four pieces? Maybe our orange with a clear "X"?

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service