Firstly, I'd like to introduce myself.

I'm John.
I'm a Robotics Technician in Ontario Canada.

I've been an Atheist for as long as I can remember...
I was lucky enough to have parents who decided to allow me to chose my religion.
I chose none of the above.

After having been given all the information I wanted as a child on various religions to make an informed decision, I walked away with one general understanding...
... none of these religions make a lick of sense.

It's my belief that most religions are social policing experiments gone wrong started by fellow non-theists like ourselves who desired to extend our social awareness and morals to others through simple mythological stories and a basic social hierarchy to serve as a judicial "rat and confess" system.

Unfortunately, once the creators were dead and buried, the followers were left in charge to keep it running, and that's where it all falls apart.

Thousands of years of war, destruction, greed, persecution, etc..
... and finally we've found some calm in the storm.

Now perhaps, we can get back to scientific advancement, and remind ourselves never to try that social trick again.

Tags: Atheism, Experiments, History, Introduction, Social

Views: 5

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Recent polls tell us that teens are describing themselves as atheists in larger numbers, seeming to bypass the agnostic step. One reason is that their parents, for the most part, were not church goers and their children had not grown up with religion as in the past. As these teens grow and have children, it stands to reason that atheism will become even more a part of society. That is my hope anyways.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service