Senate Chaplain's Prayer Begs Help From The Almighty For Fiscal Cliff Negotiations

Views: 68

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Instead of begging an imaginary guy in the sky to do your work for you, roll up your sleeves and get to work, guy.  Begging will get you nothing but bull.

The #1 danger in prayer right there. People use it as an excuse to avoid actually doing anything. Really sucks when you are broke, sick, hungry, and tired and someone promises to pray for you. Ironically, even the bible condemns this....

Who on earth remember's a Howard Dean scream except a man lost in the past?

I remember - funny stuff!

I saw this on t.v..  These people are RUNNING OUR COUNTRY and they have a man begging an invisible thing for HELP???  There is no hope for us.  Seriously.

I agree Booklover - no hope for us!
No wonder nothing has been done. They think a sky daddy will do the work for them!
That was a few minutes that could have been used to work on the budget.

In the meantime, my White House petition is going to fail in nine more days, with only sixty-eight signatures, so perhaps as the Democrats said we really aren't a constituency.

Hahaha... That's an Adventist for you! Why do the work yourself when you can ask God to give it to you for free! Ha!

Oh, the church of my youth. ;)

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
6 minutes ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to Bertold Brautigan's discussion How can people be good without god?
7 minutes ago
Atheist in FundyLand posted a discussion
9 minutes ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Hawking Says Higgs Boson Could Destroy the Universe in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
16 minutes ago
Chris G commented on Sylvain Duford's group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
25 minutes ago
HPhan liked Sylvain Duford's group Eco-Logical: A Group for Environmentalists
27 minutes ago
HPhan joined Sylvain Duford's group
27 minutes ago
HPhan replied to Steph S.'s discussion Scientists report first semiaquatic dinosaur, Spinosaurus in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
30 minutes ago
HPhan replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Experimental Ebola Serum May Be In Use On Americans in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
44 minutes ago
Justin Murray commented on Justin Murray's blog post The Argument from Incorporeality
46 minutes ago
HPhan replied to Luara's discussion A huge tragedy in our past in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
54 minutes ago
HPhan liked Dr. Terence Meaden's group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
1 hour ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service