i got this message in my nexus message box and it seem suspicious. Just wanted everyone to know:

Dearest one,

Compliment of the day to you,pls i don't want this short note to be as a burden to you or in any way meet you at the bad mood,there is something attract me in your profile,to be sincere with you on my searching on this www.atheistnexus.org i come accross your profile which i went through and is quite interesting to my likenes,if you wouldn't mind there is something confidential which i would like to discuss with you through my private email address ( mariamabudullah2008@yahoo.com ) pls your reply will be highly treated in my email address for further discussion.

Thanks.
mariam

Views: 9

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Regardless of this persons intent, its clear they are ignorant or english is not thier first language.
I just reported this to Brother Richard, as I got the same message. Did you check this scamer's page? It just reeks of phish.
What page ? I emailed their address but haven't had a response.
Its a slight variation on the standard advance fee fraud.
You'll get some story about millions in the bank account of a deceased relative,money needed to transfer the money, you pay the money they disappear.There is no money, there is no deceased relative.These are usually Nigerian gangs. Mariam shaves her back.
I don't want to deflate your paranoia about Nigerians (because you should be paranoid), but this looks like a variant of jenniferand005@yahoo.com - relics of that can be seen here -

http://www.hellyeahband.com/profile/Lala

This and its mutants have been plaguing Ning in general, and forums EVERYWHERE for months.

Believe it or not, and I have spent a lot of time tracing these, this is spam for an Indian (not Cowboys and..., the other kind) removalist company -

http://www.packersmovers.ws/contact_us.html

Using spammers logic, they don't care that they're spamming people in Bumfuck, Alabama or wherever. Its simple blast anything in sight and hope.
I stand corrected - this is a 419 fraud.

===

Dearest in Mind, thank you for repling me the message i send to you,

It is my pleasure to write you after consideration, since I can not be able to see you face to face, at first, please I need your help. I am Mariam Abdullah, the only Daughter of late Mr & Mrs Muhammed Abdullah, from Sierra-Leone (I am 22years of age.) My father was a liability Cocoa and Gold merchant in Sierra-Leone before his untimely death. After his business trip to Tunisia, to nagociate on a cocoa and gold business he wanted to invest in Tunisia, a week after he came back from Tunisia, he got an accident with my mother of which my mother died instantly but my father died five days after in a private hospital. On that faithful afternoon, I didnt know that my father was going to leave me after I had earlier lost my mother, but before he gave up the ghost, it was as if he knew he was going to die. He my father, (MAY HIS SOUL REST IN PERFECT PEACE) he called me to his bed side and told me that he deposited the sum of ($9,000.000.00) Nine Million,United State Dollars. in a bank in Cote D'Ivoire.

That the money was meant for his cocoa and Gold business he wanted to establish in Tunisia, according to my father he deposited the money in a fixed suspense account using my name as the next of kin, He instructed me to seek for a reliable and trust worthy business partner for my life time investment abroad. Now I have succeeded in locating the deposit documents and the bank where this money is in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire. Due to political problem in our country I am Now seeking for your assistance to help me transfer this money out from this country Cote D'Ivoire to your account abroad so that we should invest it in any meaningful and lucrative business in your country because this is my only hope in life. I am willing to offer you 20% of the total fund if only you can help me out of my present predicame.

I seek your assistance in the follwing ways:

(1.) To provide a bank account where this money can be transfered into.
(2.) To make arrangements for me to come over to your country after the successful transfering of this money into your account, to come and further my education.
(3.) To help invest this money in a profitable business since I am only 22yrs of age and do not know much about business.
(4) To sponsor me transfer this money into your account,
(5). I want you to promise me that you are not going to betray me after the money gets into your account.

The worst part of it is that my uncle is trying to kill me over this money because I refused to hand him over the documents covering this money, He has sold all my father's landed properties including his cars which rightful belong to me and now he want me to hand over the banking document of my father in my possesion which I refused. Now he said that he will have this money by all means even if it means killing me, so because of this I ran away from our country Sierra-Leone i am now in Abidjan, Cote D'Ivoire were the money is deposit and hide in a hotel,pending when this money will be transfered so that I can leave the country for my safty Please reply
Thank's and God bless you.

Yours sincerely,
Miss Mariam Abdullah
Oh, and I always reply to Nigerian scams for a round or two - sucks up their time and effort. I think everyone should do it when they can spare the time. Always use an email address you don't care about, and this adds to their experience.
Felch-The Scam Detective, coming soon to a ning site you visit!
The following music video can help explain mariam's plight. :)

Nigeria - Uzodinma Okpechi - I Go Chop Your Dollar
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=f1nKR3gYRY8
Looks like 419 scam to me also.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service