Sarah Palin prays for peace and justice; for congresswoman she ordered the assassination of.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2011/01/08/sarah-palin-statement-shoo...

Sarah Palin, you soulless, heartless, bitch. You and your ilk use revolutionary, violent, assassination imagery against U.S. politicians, then you give the usual trite, stock, feigned-innocence statement when someone who is very likely going to turn out to be one of your swooning fans actually does go and shoot that congresswoman in the head. For those not familiar with Palin's part in this, here's the graphic that's been on her site for months (not surprisingly, taken down just now):

"Don't retreat, instead RELOAD!" Was Palin's battlecry, asking voters to do away with Democrat congress persons.

I'm about as pro-free-speech as they come. But there must be limits. You don't get to shout 'fire' in a crowded theatre. And you don't get to use your cult-of-personality hold over your mindless minions to put people on a "hit list," complete with gunsight targets over them, use assassination imagery, then act all teary-eyed and innocent when someone who will almost certainly turn out to be one of your mindless minions actually goes and does it. The "Justice" Palin claims to be praying for will be to see her, in shackles and an orange jumpsuit, standing trial for conspiracy to commit murder and treason against the United States.

Sarah Palin, tell me again about your peace-loving, turn-the-other-cheek Jesus whom you claim to so worship and emulate.

Tags: Giffords, Palin, Party, Tea, assassination, politics, shooting

Views: 50

Replies to This Discussion

I don't own a TV, I get my news from print and internet. The title of this thread is certainly overstated, but you have misrepresented my posts:

-violence on TV has been proven to not affect MENTALLY HEALTHY people

-and you've not read the list yet which clearly demonstrates the consequences of the violence have been one sided.

A few quotes for you:

** Obama: “They Bring a Knife…We Bring a Gun”
** Obama to His Followers: “Get in Their Faces!”
** Obama on ACORN Mobs: “I don’t want to quell anger. I think people are right to be angry!...
** Obama to His Mercenary Army: “Hit Back Twice As Hard”
** Obama on the private sector: “We talk to these folks… so I know whose ass to kick.
** Obama to voters: Republican victory would mean “hand to hand combat
** Obama to lib supporters: “It’s time to Fight for it.”
** Obama to Latino supporters: “Punish your enemies.”
** Obama to democrats: “I’m itching for a fight.”

Click on the link for the source.

So you want to compare these, in context, to the stuff that the right is spewing?  Have fun with that, for there isn't really a comparison.

As for Palin, she is not the brightest bulb in the GOP.  Today, she referred to the media having a "blood libel" against her.  I have to thank her for this, because as a person who is not an anti-semitic, I had no idea that term even existed.  Having not spent my time looking up derogatory words for Jews, I didn't know this one.  I find it interesting that she does know it well enough to use it in context in a sentence.  From her correct usage of the term, I think she probably does understand exactly what she said and said it for a calculated impact.  Or whomever wrote that speech for her did.  At any rate, it was very insensitive to use an anti semitic term when discussing the near murder of a Jewish woman.  I think a smarter politician would have chosen his or her words more carefully.  

I don't imagine she will ever carry the Jewish vote after this.  She isn't to blame for what this crazy did, but she is responsible for her own words and actions.  Her team did put a gun sight on this woman's district as well as several others.  A crazy person did shoot and kill 6 people and seriously injure several more.  Her words and actions have contributed to a hostile political environment that has led to the deaths of 6 people and the injuries of 13 more.  She does seem to have jacked up the violent metaphors more than most of the other politicians even in her own party. 

It's high past time they all toned it down.  And for the sake of the GOP's political future, it would be wise for them to put some distance between themselves and Sister Sarah. 

Sister Sarah hates violence, eh?  Except for shooting of endangered and near endangered animals from her plane. 

The blood libel speech was not in Palin's style.  The grammar was mostly, if not all, correct.  It flowed as if the person who wrote it knew English.  It wasn't fractured and convoluted.  Either she has some great tutors, or her speech writer is actually educated.  Mrs. Palin has not shown evidence for this type of education, so this is not her speech.  

I wonder who's hand puppet Ms. Palin is.  Not to criticize her for having speech writers or knowing how to read a teleprompter.   Many politicians do.  She did a good job reading it.   I could not watch to the end but watched most.

I did not think it was presidential but her followers will think so.  It was not an attempt to bring people together.

I agree with those who say there is no known connection between Palin and the shooting.  There is no known connection between the rifle sight map and the deranged gunman who murdered people around one of the targeted politicians, and attempted to kill her as well.  

Even so, I feel that Ms. Palin's role in rousing reactionary groups creates a dangerous and unproductive process.   She truly scares me.

After this sort of thing, I really hope she runs for president in 2012.  She may very well get the nomination, because the base loves her ... but the independents will all run screaming, and she'll likely have the lowest percentage of the popular vote of any presidential race in remembered history.
Wow, you really are an optimist! :P
The 2008 election showed us that, and she's gotten even more insane since then.  The fundies love her, but the middle, which really decides elections, is scared shitless of her.

The Hillbilly from Wasilla has the unique talent of turning chicken salad into chicken S#*! every time she opens her mouth.  I heard her comment about "blood libel" this AM on the morning news while she was attempting to distance herself from the murders that the politicos and pundits are trying to hang on her and others who use violent imagery in their rhetoric.  When I heard the “blood libel” comment, I thought to myself, "Hey Einstein, does your whoop and holler church in Wasilla really believe that old anti-semitic canard about Jews killing Christian children to use the blood of the victims in their ceremonies?  Then again, why not?  They believe in exorcising witches."

As to who is to blame - other than an apparent psychopath –I came across an interesting post by another member on similar thread as this, where he referred to Stochastic Terrorism. Being curious, I looked up the term “stochastic” and it is defined (as near as my non-engineering and non-math brain go) as a process which is predictable, but which involves a random variable which can not be predicted.  In the context of stochastic terrorism, the predictable outcome of the process of mass media’s use of violent rhetoric is that it will lead to a violent act.  The random variable in the process is that which is unpredictable – who, when, where, what, or how.   It’s the near perfect method of exonerating oneself of any liability for the random action of the unpredictable variable,when you yourself set the process in motion.

Don't know that I'm 100% convinced, but certainly something to ponder.

I"m not sure we can pin this one on Sarah or the right wing media - as much as they deserve it.

It appears that this guy did not watch TV, nor did he listen to the radio.  He was registered as a Republican, but also as an Independent (not sure which was the latest). 

See this interview with a former HS friend.

http://www.mediabistro.com/tvnewser/jared-loughners-friend-says-sus...

Right wing vitrol is reprehensible and has the potential to incite real violence, but I don't know if we can pin this specific incident to the right wingers.

Australia would arrest her on the spot.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service