Views: 195

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

No, Rick, the smart ones will never be on your side ... because to us, you're as transparent as the products of Libby-Owens-Ford!

ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha!  That's hysterical!  Thanks for the link.  What a moron!

Don't you think you just might be doing something wrong?

I see he's doing his version of 'the old soft shoe' again... the pander shuffle

That single statement perfectly defines Ricky Boy, his ilk, his philosophy, his irrationality, and that of his troglodyte followers.

I would be ashamed to admit that if I was Santorum.  Some people will do anything for a vote and he knows he doesn't have the "smart" vote anyway.

Easy target, but he was clearly sarcastic.

I don't think Santorum is smart enough to use sarcasm.

I watched the video, and did not hear one tinge of sarcasm in his delivery. He was entirely serious. If not, why his added comment regarding universities? Easy target? Yes. He paints the bullseye with his anti-intellectual stance.

He sounded sarcastic to me. In fact, sarcastic is evident in the quote even without watching the video. He mentioned universities, characterizing them as people who "believe they have the power and knowledge to tell you what to do". It was clearly meant to be derisive. Anti-intellectual? Maybe. But did he mean smart as in, literally, smart, the way most people use it? Obviously not.

I agree that this is not a case of Santorum putting his foot in his mouth. Sadly enough, this is exactly what he meant. It's just another example of how anachronistic his ideology is. His understanding of "true American values" being sustained solely by the Church and the family means that there is no room for non-believers and non-breeders in his vision of a country. Moreover, science, reason and evidence are out the window too. Right back to the Dark Ages! So, nothing new coming from the bubble. Interesting to watch him say it like that, though!

I guess this is an example of 2 people watching the identical thing and reaching two different interpretations.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service