last night, Santorum swept the 3 state joke fest, winning the Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado Republican Party Primaries. 

now i realize that a lot is going on here.  many Conservatives are concerned that Romney can't beat Obama, that Gingrich's head won't fit into their living rooms, and Paul is barely Conservative to begin with.  additionally, the overall number of 'voters' was very small.  Ricky boy took it to the farms and cowpokes directly, and he won the hick vote by a landslide. 

still, whenever something like this happens, it reminds me just how close we truly are to a nation divided.  many who will read this have read the other Discussions and Blog Posts about Santorum and his views.  the guy is borderline psychotic, and not only does he get to run for the Republican nominee, but JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK, the guy just might fucking win their party nod. 

this is a man who introduced his family to his stillborn child, then slept with the ooze containing jar nestled comfortably between him and his wife (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/05/eugene_robinson_r...) .  this man would have his daughters carry to term a child which was conceived via rape.  this man would like to ban contraception - for everyone! 

yet here we are.  Santorum is back in the race, showing once again just how ridiculous the Republican nominee process has been.  in trying to see the silver lining, his continued presence should be a boon for bloggers, late night comedians, and this Atheist for months more to come.  however, the looming possibility that a person like this could take the White House just might get me out to vote, and should frighten us all. 

Views: 364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

haha, exactly. 

http://merrimack.patch.com/articles/merrimack-rep-claims-the-pill-h...

good to know the opponents of birth control know the facts.  i'm sure as hell gonna stop popping "the pill" like tic tacs - prostate cancer scares me.  women on the other hand appear safe. 

what would?  prostate cancer caused by birth control?  you know only men get prostate cancer, right?

it doesn't.  the person who said that while testifying had received some faulty information.  he failed to realize that prostate cancer is a male disease, while the pill is for women.  it's funny.

calm down Rah.  we are all Atheist brothers and sisters.  Tonya or anyone else can vote however he/she likes.  i would be unlikely to vote Republican, but doing so in of itself does not make one a bad person. 

read the article.  yes, he and his wife slept with a jar containing the remnants of their would be, but ill-fated child.  i like to think they named it "Slimey".

Oh, NOW Santorum is a moderate.  For what it's worth (not much), I did predict that once he has the right wing fanatic christians under his wing, he would move to the center.  Such cynicism!

But he honestly cannot take back what he's said, what he's written, etc.  The quotes from Santorum's past will continue to haunt him.  There is a large group of 'radical feminists' (he would put me in that category, I'm sure) that will not forget or forgive so easily.  He can pretend to be a moderate all he wants.  Santorum's an ideologue, plain and simple.

http://www.nytimes.com/2012/02/13/us/politics/santorum-faces-questi...

yeah he's really fkn smart
his (vatican's?) followers are reall f'n crazy )yet still make paper? how the?)

What I think is so interesting is that Santorum has become the culture warrior of the Republican Party and poor old Mitt can't seem to 'find the love'....well, he certainly can't seem to 'secure the love' for any length of time...even with all that $.  And Santorum is making the old school GOPers in DC a bit nervous, I bet.

Santorum is lapping up the tea party support and wearing the vest and rigidly maintaining his conservative, traditional, divisive 'moral' principles, surrounded by all those children and the little wifey wife.   His views are foreign to me....I cannot relate to him and cannot imagine him representing America to the world.  This really is proof of a cultural divide in America, that's for sure. He's about as right wing as I've ever imagined a Catholic to be and nobody seems to blink an eyelash when he's praying and evangelizing all over the place!  It's unseemly.

Definitely not a "Kennedy catholic"..."I believe in an America where religious intolerance will someday end--where all men and all churches are treated as equal--where every man has the same right to attend or not attend the church of his choice--where there is no Catholic vote, no anti-Catholic vote, no bloc voting of any kind--and where Catholics, Protestants and Jews, at both the lay and pastoral level, will refrain from those attitudes of disdain and division which have so often marred their works in the past, and promote instead the American ideal of brotherhood.

Read more: http://www.beliefnet.com/News/Politics/2000/09/I-Believe-In-An-Amer...

His views are foreign to me as well. They are straight out of Tripoli if you ask me.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service