last night, Santorum swept the 3 state joke fest, winning the Minnesota, Missouri, and Colorado Republican Party Primaries. 

now i realize that a lot is going on here.  many Conservatives are concerned that Romney can't beat Obama, that Gingrich's head won't fit into their living rooms, and Paul is barely Conservative to begin with.  additionally, the overall number of 'voters' was very small.  Ricky boy took it to the farms and cowpokes directly, and he won the hick vote by a landslide. 

still, whenever something like this happens, it reminds me just how close we truly are to a nation divided.  many who will read this have read the other Discussions and Blog Posts about Santorum and his views.  the guy is borderline psychotic, and not only does he get to run for the Republican nominee, but JUMPING JESUS ON A POGO STICK, the guy just might fucking win their party nod. 

this is a man who introduced his family to his stillborn child, then slept with the ooze containing jar nestled comfortably between him and his wife (http://www.realclearpolitics.com/video/2012/01/05/eugene_robinson_r...) .  this man would have his daughters carry to term a child which was conceived via rape.  this man would like to ban contraception - for everyone! 

yet here we are.  Santorum is back in the race, showing once again just how ridiculous the Republican nominee process has been.  in trying to see the silver lining, his continued presence should be a boon for bloggers, late night comedians, and this Atheist for months more to come.  however, the looming possibility that a person like this could take the White House just might get me out to vote, and should frighten us all. 

Views: 364

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Agreed, not one of them is anywhere near decent. Huntsman was less bad but he was a mormon too. Arg.  But, before we get nostalgic, our country has always had religious zanies. The media makes them looks stronger than they are. As Ruth said, eventually sanity will prevail because otherwise we're toast.

"I would be saying to the Iranians, you either open up those facilities, you begin to dismantle them and make them available to inspectors, or we will degrade those facilities through air strikes, and make it very public that we are doing that."

The Bad Lip Reading of Santorum is less scary.  In case you haven't seen it...

"My old burrito princess had a teepee".

"specialty gopher meat".  hilarious.

Actually, in some ways this scares the shit outa me.  God, who aweful that all those people think this asshole should be president.  Those people are completely bonkers.  And there are enough of them around, that if nominated, he might win.  You never know.  Time to get a shovel and head for the basement.  Lets see, water jugs, check. canned goods, check.  toilet paper, check.

It scares the shit out of me too Sentient.  I am still DUMBFOUNDED that there is even one person out there who believes what Santorum believes, let alone a ton of them. 

He has a VERY sick little daughter and he wants to deny healthcare to others on top of all the ridiculous crap.

I don't even like to classify myself as being in the same species with him. UGH.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/10/rick-santorum-women-milita...

tell us what you really think about women, Rick. 

In my opinion Jon Huntsman was there best bet. And ours in relation to the other republican candidates. Let's hope this evangelical sweetheart doesn't make it into office. We have a bad enough time fighting for the separation of church and state as it is!

occupy-protesters-tased-at-santorum-event

occupy-protesters-tased-at-santorum-event

i have seen that program, but i can't recall Santorum being involed.  i'm not surprised though.

meet the panel testifying on women's rights to contraceptive care. 

I see what you are saying.  They are all wearing dark colors.  It would be much better if they wore pastels.  Good catch!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service