Santorum: Obama's phony theology, abortions, and more.

USA TODAY

Even though we live in a country where there shall be no religious test for public office, Santorum is trying to appeal to voters by claiming that Obama's theology is "phoney" - a "different kind of christianity".  

Constitution Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Santorum also claims that, for some reason, since Obama is black, he shouldn't be deciding that a fetus is not fully human under the constitution.  "Remarkable for a black man".  Remarkable for a presidential candidate, where are fetuses discussed in the constitution again?  Let's play the "race card" to equate fetus rights (And embryo rights, and blastocyst rights, and fertilized egg rights) with the fight against racism.

Santorum claims that "Obamacare" prenatal testing is a way to save money by aborting potentially disabled fetuses.  Although, prenatal testing CAN be used to avoid having a baby with some devastating illnesses, like Tay-Sachs, and in some countries to avoid the dreaded XX Chromosome combination....  I know, I know, but this is a demagogic tool to influence voters.  There is not a sound-bite-able argument.

Going a bit further back (2008), Santorum speechified that-

"Satan is destroying America"

every institution in America has been destroyed by Satan; from academia to politics with even the church having fallen under His sway – not the Catholic church, of course, but “mainline Protestantism” which is in such “shambles” that it is not even Christian any longer.

Also noting that "this is a spiritual war"

People are voting for this  religious fanatic, a crusader to impose Catholic orthodoxy on the American public?  I think I need a xanax.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

You are right.  If I believed in reincarnation, I would say you found Santorum's previous life.

Is the phrase 'Rick Sanctimonious' under any kind of intellectual property restrictions 'cause I'm about to steal it, okay Crazy Cat Lady??

Feel Free, as a Canadian and have no personal attachment. 

Santorum is the new Palin. He will have similar influence to hers in 4 years time = none.  Not to worry.  Ahhhh xanax. 

I hope you are right.  Although just hearing the P-word makes me want a sedative.  At least if he becomes a fox news commentator, I'll never have to hear him again.  Since I never listen to Fox.

i know it's already being discussed here, but for those who missed the recent news, here's the link:

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/02/18/rick-santorum-protestantis...

this should be pretty easy to tally.  add the number of Catholics to the number of Evangelicals and that is the maximum possible Santorum vote.  he's alienated everyone else. 

oops, subtract Catholic women.

then add anyone involved in the manufacture of xanax.  we would be needing a lot more of it if he's elected.  big profit potential.  Oh, then add in racists, conspiracy theorists, tea partiers, and a few others.

protestants need to hear what Santorum said about there "Protestantism" in his speech he made in Florida in 2008.  Poor Rick, here he is in the 21st Century but wishes it was the 13th.

http://thinkprogress.org/politics/2012/02/18/427529/santorum-excomm...

http://videocafe.crooksandliars.com/heather/santorum-mainline-prote...

This guy makes me wish abortion was legal until the fetus reaches 53.

Santorum now claims he wasn't challenging the president's christianity, just that the president has a phony theology.  WTF?  Then, he goes on to state we should not be taking care of the environment, which apparently suggests that he thinks caring for the earth is worshiping a god that is not Yahweh, because the earth was put here by god to serve man.  Santorum gets more slimy every time I read about him.  And I didn't think that was possible.  

As an atheist I feel that it is absolutely necessary for a religious test.  Those candidates who feel that they are receiving information from a metaphysical source about  how the rest of us "non-hearers" should be living their lives will NOT be allowed to run for any Federal office. 

That should cut out all the b.s. the media is wasting our time on in this ridiculous sham of a Republican Presidential Primary. I really can't believe any of these clowns feel they have a chance against Obama.  Most people I know would die rather than vote for any of these guys in the General election. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
2 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs in the group Justice For All
5 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan posted a discussion
8 minutes ago
Idaho Spud liked Grinning Cat's discussion Supreme Court increasingly accepting unverified "facts" from amicus briefs
10 minutes ago
Pat replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
12 minutes ago
Luara replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
12 minutes ago
Grinning Cat added a discussion to the group Justice For All
13 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
23 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Sentient Biped's discussion All of the christian religion in one tweet
26 minutes ago
Bertold Brautigan replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Getting Speech Straight - "Homosexual" is not an LGBT-friendly term in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
27 minutes ago
MattyLJ replied to MattyLJ's discussion what is Facebook all about?
34 minutes ago
Sentient Biped posted a discussion
34 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service