Santorum: Obama's phony theology, abortions, and more.

USA TODAY

Even though we live in a country where there shall be no religious test for public office, Santorum is trying to appeal to voters by claiming that Obama's theology is "phoney" - a "different kind of christianity".  

Constitution Article VI, paragraph 3, and states that:

The Senators and Representatives before mentioned, and the Members of the several State Legislatures, and all executive and judicial Officers, both of the United States and of the several States, shall be bound by Oath or Affirmation, to support this Constitution; but no religious test shall ever be required as a qualification to any office or public trust under the United States.

Santorum also claims that, for some reason, since Obama is black, he shouldn't be deciding that a fetus is not fully human under the constitution.  "Remarkable for a black man".  Remarkable for a presidential candidate, where are fetuses discussed in the constitution again?  Let's play the "race card" to equate fetus rights (And embryo rights, and blastocyst rights, and fertilized egg rights) with the fight against racism.

Santorum claims that "Obamacare" prenatal testing is a way to save money by aborting potentially disabled fetuses.  Although, prenatal testing CAN be used to avoid having a baby with some devastating illnesses, like Tay-Sachs, and in some countries to avoid the dreaded XX Chromosome combination....  I know, I know, but this is a demagogic tool to influence voters.  There is not a sound-bite-able argument.

Going a bit further back (2008), Santorum speechified that-

"Satan is destroying America"

every institution in America has been destroyed by Satan; from academia to politics with even the church having fallen under His sway – not the Catholic church, of course, but “mainline Protestantism” which is in such “shambles” that it is not even Christian any longer.

Also noting that "this is a spiritual war"

People are voting for this  religious fanatic, a crusader to impose Catholic orthodoxy on the American public?  I think I need a xanax.

Views: 490

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

He's a devious little theocrat, isn't he?  These things will come back to haunt him if he can win over Mutt Rumney. 

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service