http://thinkprogress.org/health/2012/01/23/409242/santorum-to-rape-...

in the interview, he claims this isn't about religion.  yeah, right.  i can only hope that he just lost his daughters' votes. 

Views: 60

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I don't know about "pro-rape." "Pro-birth" would be more like it, really ... though it makes me wonder how much he cares about the thousands upon millions of fertilized eggs that don't implant or pregnancies which fail to survive the first trimester.

The worst thing about what Santorum has to say here is his tone. He acts as though he's the kindly grandfather, trying to tell his daughters what is best for them Without Ever Once Having Experienced It HIMSELF.

A few years back, columnist Connie Schultz of the Cleveland Plain Dealer wrote eloquently about this issue. Her approach may be summed up in two important words:

Trust Women.

that might have been an unfortunate title i chose.  still...

imagine being reminded about your rape experience everytime you look into your child's eyes.  that is truly sickening. 

the whole concept of human life beginning at conception is a complete farse.  you cannot be human whilst still a single or even multi-cell organism. 

despicable....

The horror if he became president!  His narrow-mindedness is terrifying and disrespectful to all the women who have to make such a tough decision of having an abortion. 

Santorum's political ascendancy is amazing.  It's not so much about him, as it is about his supporters.  He is a catalyst for them.  I hope he fails, but he does now have a permanent place in the christian reactionary world.  Its interesting that fundamentalists are so enthused about this devout catholic - traditional enemies, now bound together in their mission to rid the world of their common foe.

He is one scary sonofabitch.  I had two miscarriages very early in the first trimester.  I guess his 'god' does make mistakes?  If I hadn't had those miscarriages I wouldn't have the kids I have now.  Maybe this sounds heartless, but I wasn't really very upset over them because I knew that something was probably wrong and it was my bodies way of taking care of that.  I didn't think of them as babies yet, I was only like 2-3 weeks along in each case.  Obviously if they had been viable pregnancies I would have had different kids and loved them just as much as the kids I have now.  Since they weren't, and I couldn't love the kids I have now more, I am happy it happened the way it did.  Having given birth, I can't imagine in my wildest dreams MAKING a woman give birth that didn't want to.  It's hard enough when it's a very much wanted pregnancy!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service