A Quick Guide to Mitt's 10 Most Destructive Guiding Principles (excerpts) This sounds about right to me.
... we have learned enough about the beliefs of the Republican presidential candidate to see them as a worldview all its own – a kind of creed that explains Mitt Romney.
... Romneyism has an internal coherence. It is different from conservatism, because it does not intend to conserve or protect any particular institutions or values. It is also distinct from Republicanism, in that it is not rooted in traditional small-town American values, nationalism, or states’ rights.
The ten guiding principles of Romneyism are:
1. Corporations are the basic units of society.
2. Workers are a means to the goal of maximizing corporate profits.
3. All factors of production – capital, physical plant and equipment, workers – are fungible and should be treated the same.
4. ... negative side effects of the pursuit of profits ... should not be used as excuses to constrain the pursuit of profits through regulation.
5. 5. Individual worth depends on net worth ...
6. People who fail in the economy should not be coddled.
7. It is the right and responsibility of individuals and corporations to exploit every tax loophole they (and their tax attorneys) can find in order to pay the lowest taxes possible.
8. Politics is a game whose only purpose is to win.
9. Democracy is dangerous ...
10. The three most important aspects of life are family, religion, and money.
We owe nothing to one another as citizens of the same society.
That sums it up! Also, when Kennedy was elected, he said he would put the Constitution before the pope. Why doesn't Mittens say he will put the Constitution before his church leader. WHY is no one bringing this up. If he's elected, there is going to be some scary-shit going down in the US. :(
Ruth, great job, but you forgot a couple:
You can never underestimate the American Peasantry.
Tell the stock-holders whatever you or your fellow board members think they want to hear.
Remember to bring your court jesters with you when conning the peasants, those little buggers eat that crazy shit up.
GOP notes for next campaign: Have Ryan, Trump, Rove, and Rush wear actual face-paint, and have them actually drive a clown car.
What planet do you live on Mike? lol