Views: 418

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hehe -- yeah -- it's like that.

So which is it gonna be: the New Apostolic Reformation or the United Caliphate of America?

How about: one of these guys is dead ... and the other shouldn't push his luck?

occupy-protesters-tased-at-santorum-event

The best slaves of all are those who believe they are free.

Catholicism enslaved him and he would enslave everyone else.

Just what America needs, a president who thinks secularism is a dirty word.

Which in turn is a violation of the First Amendment.  These geeks think of the First Amendment protecting religious groups' rights, but the Amendment also protects those who do not believe in any of it.  So, by attacking secularism, he is attacking freedom of belief itself. His message is spreading, even unto the Washington Post, which carried a columnist's opinion piece equating secularism with religion and suggesting Obama violated the separation doctrine with the contraception law!  Schiller said: "Against stupidity, even the angels fight in vain."

I meant the above as a reply to mojo, but to booklover: I had not known George Herbert Walker Bush actually said that.  You must remember these people have pedigrees going back to the robber barons (Walker for example), and have petroleum rather than blood in their veins.  I don't think expelling or exiling us will pass muster even in the Scalia Supreme Court.  On the other hand, if Santorum is elected, it will be time for me to move to Lake Chapala, south of Guadalajara.

why wait? Come on down, the weather's fine! :)

My brother there says it is 70 degrees year round.

Like the 1st George Bush who doesn't consider Atheists to be U.S. Citizens?

Right...as a U.S. citizen and an atheist and a secular humanist and a feminist, don't I have the right to suggest that Santorum is stepping on quicksand here?  I will enjoy watching him sink under his own heavy-handed political strategy.  

When I think of the stark differences in policy making and in worldview, I picture President Obama carefully using a precise surgical tool and I think of Santorum using a sledgehammer. Or, like in the case of the banking/mortgage crisis, Santorum was in support of just waiting it out in confidence that god's will would be done and it would be better to just let the entire economy melt down 'naturally' instead of intervening.  Hey, it's kind of similar to his 'compassionate' views on family planning and health care coverage!  A non-interventionist through and through: pray really hard and if bad things happen it was god's intention and you'll just have to find your inner strength because it's a test of faith.

Everybody knows someone gay or a woman who has had an abortion, there is much less stigma now, and this prick's message will sound out of touch: even his fellow female congretants in RCC cathedrals nationwide support abortion rights, whereas the Bishops want women to die if it will save the life of the "child."  Since by child they mean a person, and since their silly dogma says that "life begins at conception" (scientifically impossible, BTW), they believe zygotes have more rights than women.  If Santorum is the GOP nominee, Obama has nothing to worry about.  4MY.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

MJ

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service