Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2315

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Sounds like Chaos could star in some great Mew Tube videos.

Johnsky, I find your cat stories interesting and laughed at him stopping the music and daring you to do something about it.

meow
Personally I love my cats.

My current two BlackJack and Jenga are a freaking awesome pair of adorable cats. BlackJack currently is my "fetching cat", I always seem to wind up with a who enjoys playing with and fetching foam rubber balls. Jenga is my soft bundle of cuddly joy, and the people cat of the house, if your people... she's your bestest friend ever.

My last two (Potato & Koony) past away last year at the ripe ages of about 16 years old (I say about because all my cats are always rescued street animals). I cry everytime I loose a pet and I am not ashamed to admit it.

People who say animals have no personalities have never had a pet companion.

P.S. My family (except for my mother) are all dog owners, so I love dogs as well, I just don't want to own one.
I have one of each because I embrace every facet of my personality. hahaha.
I enjoy the company of well-socialized dogs who are, alas, too few and far between.

I am definitely a cat person, as evidenced by Atheist Ailurophiles.
I would rather have dogs and I do have 2 dogs no cats. My fiancé is a profetional dog trainer.
Yes, I agree with you!
Dogs have owners
Cats have staff
Absolutely! My opposable thumbs are put into daily good service.
I'm a dog person... can't stand cats.
House Rules

Do not flush the toilet.
No toys that are/were alive in the house.
Stay out of the kitchen cabinets.
You cannot attack a dog on a leash.
Walking under my feet in the kitchen will not get you canned food.
If you climb the palm tree to raid pigeon nests, you will get the skin ointment.
Leave Magic (roomies 65lb bulldog with low self esteem) alone, He's not bothering you.
Stay off the keyboard and don't swat the mouse.

tag & Fingus

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service