Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Hey, my dog doesn't mess up my furniture...she definitely knows better! Hell, she has a guilty look on her face if she so much as chewed up a napkin while I was gone, lol :-)

Yeah but fish don't snuggle.

Cyoot Kittehs of teh Day: Mama Will Protekt Meh

Aww cute picture Ruth! I love cats - I'm a cat person!
Me, I'm a dog person. I grew up with a wonderful dog and I miss him very much. Now we have a crazy, loving, spoiled 1-year old dog and I miss him while I'm at school. But that's me. My bf has a cat; the cat is scary and hilarious at the same time, he's good at sneaking up on you and pouncing. :)
Nope, not me. My dog is my best friend. And I've had cats, don't care for them, plus I HATE litterboxes!!!
Completely true for me! I love cats... though I've always thought cats were like the soft, smart, female versions of dogs. But that's a bit sexist, no?
Good call. That's how mine is. Barks all day at nothing, runs around the neighborhood terrorizing invisible monsters, doesn't listen to any commands/pleas, and rolls around in the plentiful deer carcasses surrounding our mountain-surrounded home. Silly little Christian dog.
I agree! I've never thought of this before. I like cats and their independence. I dislike dogs constant need for attention/reassurance. The few atheist friends I have seem to like cats more as well. This would be interesting data on a large scale.
I have three outside cats (no fucking litter boxes at my house) and two dogs, and they are all fixed.

My cats all have different personalities, and are independant critter gitters. No mice at my house and the birds stay on their guard. I love my cats.

My dogs are dogs. They are my best friends and bring me much joy.
cats love me for some reason and often go out of their way to get me to stroke them when I am walking down the road.They must see I am a soft touch.
Dogs I don't get on with, they are too barky and dribbly and stuff.
I once had an ickle fluffy kitty follow me for about half a mile late one night he refused to go home, he was obviously lost and despite putting posters up and so on we never found out where he came from, and so he adopted me and I still have him. His name is Binky named after Death's horse.
One of the many things I love about cats; they often chose their people.
Huh... I wouldn't have thought there was a correlation between Atheists and feline preference... but now that it's said, all the friends I have who are atheists own cats, no dogs.

I chose cats because they're more independent.
They think and do as they like, while still respecting certain boundaries you make clear to them.
They don't need orders, they don't take orders... they just act on their own free will and understand that there are certain things you just don't do.

I love cats.
Dog lovers would say that cats are "stupid"... whereas, I find they understand what you want quite clearly... they just chose whether or not they want to give it to you.

One of my cats, Chaos, has figured out how to open doors with handles instead of knobs.
He has also figured out how to retrieve the excess water from the tap in the shower by pressing the lever that switches it from shower to bath... hence, releasing the water in the upper pipes. He prefers water directly from the tap for some reason.
... and he has figured out how to turn my stereo off... yeah, he has a particular distaste for certain types of music, and he's not afraid to walk past you and smack the disc-open button on the top to make the music stop, and then walk past you again staring at you.

Cats are very intelligent.
I think they just usually don't let it show because they don't feel they have a need to.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service