Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2329

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

That's really quite lovely and wise.

I, personally, do not enjoy when an animal shits around or in the house... sorry folks!
I like salt water tanks best cya!

~
IF you have no other option for security get a dog
IF you live in the country and ... you get the drift.
Best thing with cats though is the ones that are trained properly just like dogs.. etc..

fwd this tidbit if you would thnkx peace
http://www.linktv.org/programs/czech-dream

So Atheist Mutant, have you trained yourself to go potty outside?

So that's why I find presents in my garden all the time :(

Cats can be trained to use modern human toilets, even taught to flush...

And even flush when they're done...

Neat.  And I notice they still have the covering reflex.

LOL.  I hear ya.  I love my birds, dogs and other critters (hamsters and guinea pigs).

Cats are like neighbors, mildly but superficially interested in what happens to you.

Dogs are family. Their future, their well being is bound to ours, like parents, like children. This is due to the social evolution of wolves, with among the most complex cooperative social structures of all mammals. It has been claimed that dogs read human body language better than chimpanzees do.

No, I don't buy the 'cats are independent, like atheists' crap. I'll stick with an animal that puts their well being on the like with mine.
I am more a guinea pig person than either.

Guinea pig lovers unite.  I love hamsters, guinea pigs, birds and dogs.

At one point I had fourteen guinea pigs. Most recently I had but one, who was a stubborn cuss. My wife has a herd dog, a border collie. I would take my guinea pig out in the yard on a leash, and the dog, confused as to why he was out of his pen, would attempt to nudge and push the pig back toward the house.

He would have none of that, and simply hunch down in the grass. The dog would look up pitifully as if to say he could not understand why the pig would not cooperate.

When I had my fourteen pigs, they stayed in two wading pools (except one that would jump out and run across the room to drink out of my coffee cup when on the floor). My roommates at the time had a couple cats that would jump in the pen and herd the guinea pigs together so they could use them as heaters to stay warm.

I have lost the following pets and I still miss them dearly.

Birds (doves and parrots)

dogs

hamsters

guinea pigs

gerbils

fish

iguana

marmoset

skunk ( yes they are illegal in Colorado) I inherited her from a relative in Ohio.

rabbit

Actually, I had a zoo all to myself growing up.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service