Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2304

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Beautiful dog.  I still have a lot of work to do with Meeka's response to other dogs.  She becomes extremely excited and will to rush at them to try to play.  Those are not good manners and, if we had a dog park around here, I'd be uneasy about taking her to it.

If you can find one, you might give it a try. The dogs there could teach her how to play, starting with the "play bow" which Bandit learned in a dog park. They do learn from each other.

As far as can tell, the nearest dog park is hours away by highway.  I might try her in one of those once I'm a little more confident about recall with her.

I have a friend who has a dog about her size and a bit older.  I take her there at least once a week and they love to play together.  The play gets pretty rough sometimes but we've watched enough to know that it's mutual.  Her approach to all dogs seems to be the same, though, and it could be disastrous if the other dog doesn't see it as play.

Has anyone posted a picture of their cat?

I love that all these dogs have been rescued!  Too bad they were treated so horribly in the first place the poor things!  All of my cats have been rescues.  If we ever get another dog it will DEFINITELY be a rescue!

That's wonderful booklover. You are really helping out.

You have beautiful cats booklover.

Thanks for posting your picture of them.

Thanks Steph!  You are so kind! :)

Guilty as charged here. I have three cats (Junkmail, Fido, and Auto-Kitty), down from four (cause Burp is with my nephew now).

Don't have any dogs.

LOL Dan, I love your cats names!

Thank you. :) ...now if only they would learn them.

Not sure about that, I have a cat and I know he plots against me......see link,

http://funnyemail.org/2009/10/21/differences-between-cats-and-dogs/

LOL Michael, that's hysterical! :)  Melinda

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service