Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2298

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm most certainly a cat person!

There is a stray cat living in my communal garden. She greets me and communicates with her sounds, eyes and body language. She is playful and affectionate. I call her Pussy Cat.

We are both mammals and interact well considering she is a carnivore and I am an omnivorous primate.

meow, I love Persian cats
Cats think for themselves, dogs are just followers

Personally I don't like having pets inside, I don't really mind them outside or in their own area... that said I'm not really a big pet person, and if I had to chose, I would definitely have a cat over a dog... cats just seem to have more 'sense.' 

My favorite potential pets right now:

A pair of domesticated foxes from the famous Siberian researcher center

A pair of cheetah cub's

Cheetah cubs!!! How cute!!

And as a matter of fact: the cat's brain is more structured like a human brain than a dog's brain.

I love all animals!  I have 6 cats, 3 dogs, 1 rat and 6 fish :)

But I do understand what you mean though.  

I am attracted to spend time with any being, with whom it is possible to have a rational, intellectual conversation.    There is no place in my life for pets or children, because after a limited time, they start to bore me.   I feed the birds in winter, I enjoy a visit to the zoo, even other people's pets are interesting for a while.   I can be friendly to other people's children, until they start to go on my nerves.

When i moved to this rental house, i took a calico (a stray that just darted in my apartment one day) cat, and one kitten that has the wobbles (hypoplasia, i think?). The wobbly cat is healthy, she's just a messy eater, and can't run away fast enough; so i can always catch her. Alot was going on during the move, and i planned to get momma cat fixed, but she got pregnant. I tried to adopt out the four kittens, but i only found one family that took the black kitten. After this, i couldn't split up the rest of the team and decided that i'd take care of them. I guess i got too attached, and i didn't think anyone could care for them like me. I have 5 cats! I keep them out in cages alot of the time so they can look at wildlife. I never planned on having a cat, it just happened.

Except for those who are niether.

I'm a rodent,bird,rabbit person.

I love rabbits, preferably extra crispy.

No offense intended Goz.  I think think they're cute as pets also.

I spent 2 years dressed as a dog in the entertainment industry, I personally think dressing like a cat would of been insane.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service