Resolved: Atheists Are More Cat People Than Dog People

Having co-habited with many cats over the years, I've found them to be free-thinking and inquisitive, like atheists. Dogs seem to be more accepting, more willing to go along. I think this accounts for the fact that atheists tend to favor cats over dogs. (I'm not saying atheists hate dogs--just that we're better attuned to cats.) Comments?

Tags: atheists, cats, dogs, pets

Views: 2290

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

I'm most certainly a cat person!

There is a stray cat living in my communal garden. She greets me and communicates with her sounds, eyes and body language. She is playful and affectionate. I call her Pussy Cat.

We are both mammals and interact well considering she is a carnivore and I am an omnivorous primate.

meow, I love Persian cats
Cats think for themselves, dogs are just followers

Personally I don't like having pets inside, I don't really mind them outside or in their own area... that said I'm not really a big pet person, and if I had to chose, I would definitely have a cat over a dog... cats just seem to have more 'sense.' 

My favorite potential pets right now:

A pair of domesticated foxes from the famous Siberian researcher center

A pair of cheetah cub's

Cheetah cubs!!! How cute!!

And as a matter of fact: the cat's brain is more structured like a human brain than a dog's brain.

I love all animals!  I have 6 cats, 3 dogs, 1 rat and 6 fish :)

But I do understand what you mean though.  

I am attracted to spend time with any being, with whom it is possible to have a rational, intellectual conversation.    There is no place in my life for pets or children, because after a limited time, they start to bore me.   I feed the birds in winter, I enjoy a visit to the zoo, even other people's pets are interesting for a while.   I can be friendly to other people's children, until they start to go on my nerves.

When i moved to this rental house, i took a calico (a stray that just darted in my apartment one day) cat, and one kitten that has the wobbles (hypoplasia, i think?). The wobbly cat is healthy, she's just a messy eater, and can't run away fast enough; so i can always catch her. Alot was going on during the move, and i planned to get momma cat fixed, but she got pregnant. I tried to adopt out the four kittens, but i only found one family that took the black kitten. After this, i couldn't split up the rest of the team and decided that i'd take care of them. I guess i got too attached, and i didn't think anyone could care for them like me. I have 5 cats! I keep them out in cages alot of the time so they can look at wildlife. I never planned on having a cat, it just happened.

Except for those who are niether.

I'm a rodent,bird,rabbit person.

I love rabbits, preferably extra crispy.

No offense intended Goz.  I think think they're cute as pets also.

I spent 2 years dressed as a dog in the entertainment industry, I personally think dressing like a cat would of been insane.

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Rep. (R) Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation and Explains Why Atheists are Intellectually Inferior in the group Atheist News
6 minutes ago
Craigart14 replied to Russell Pangborn's discussion Atheist Reasoning on Gun Control in the U.S
10 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Joe's discussion Rep. (R) Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation and Explains Why Atheists are Intellectually Inferior in the group Atheist News
18 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion Rep. (R) Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation and Explains Why Atheists are Intellectually Inferior in the group Atheist News
23 minutes ago
27 minutes ago
James M. Martin replied to Joe's discussion Rep. (R) Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation and Explains Why Atheists are Intellectually Inferior in the group Atheist News
29 minutes ago
Pat replied to Joe's discussion Rep. (R) Louie Gohmert Proves God's Existence With One Simple Equation and Explains Why Atheists are Intellectually Inferior in the group Atheist News
31 minutes ago
38 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Parenting Little Heathens
42 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
54 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Ivy's group Atheist Humor
55 minutes ago
Grinning Cat replied to Luara's discussion Proof of god(s)
58 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service