I live in the bible belt. All day long I have hear about Jebus and how great he is. Jehovah's witnesses have the morning slot. If I leave my house after 7:30 am, there's a 50% chance I will run into one and they'll explain how the devil put dinosaur bones there to trick us. Then at work, I have to hear about the angels that had sex with people to create giants, how evolution is a "religion of nothingness", and the precedent set by the ill-fated, Tower of Babel.

Then there's my roommate. If each one of the religious highlights of my day was a colored lion, he would be Voltron. Here are a few of his gifts.

Why slavery happened in the US:

(I am african-american btw)

Me: The bible said slavery was cool, in both testaments. Why would god want any kind of slavery to happen at all?

Bob: Cause of y'alls wrongs.

Me: Our wrongs?

Bob: Yeah...

Why he only needs to know English:

Me: You ever thought about learning another language, just for fun?

(I studied Spanish for 8 years which means nothing, I'm not that good. No practicar.)

Bob: I don't need to learn any other language. That just does not appeal to me.

Me: Why not?

Bob: God divided us up and changed the languages for a reason. He obviously wants us to stay separate.

Me:....?

Those are always fun, but sometimes I worry. He also believes that when "Tribulation" begins, he will have a major role in it. He believes that's a good thing. But I've been working on my debating skills, and we've made progress. The sad/funny thing is he's not a bad person, but that Jebus juice has him fucked up.

Views: 9

Replies to This Discussion

My friend and I got yelled at in grade school for singing "Mark the bald angel sings".

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Joan Denoo commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
2 hours ago
Joan Denoo liked nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Jason Andrews commented on nice girl's blog post Why I am here
3 hours ago
Plinius commented on Ruth Anthony-Gardner's group Hang With Friends
3 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
4 hours ago
Tom Sarbeck replied to k.h. ky's discussion Edward Snowden
4 hours ago
Freethinker31 commented on DAN DANA's blog post This Is How the Gaza War Will End
4 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Ceil's discussion Please help me maintain some sanity... It just isn't true!
5 hours ago
Patricia replied to Sentient Biped's discussion More than 30,000 Nexus members. Where are they?
5 hours ago
BIPLAB DAS posted an album

anti superstition programme

its our regular antisuperstition school programme. this time we are in CHHATNA GIRLS HOGH SCHOOL of BANKURA DISTRICT in INDIA. we are disclosing the miracle behind FIRE WALKING.
5 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service