Atheist Nexus Logo
Jesus Christ returns on May 21, 2011. You'll definately want to mark this date on your calendar because, you know, if you're raptured, you don't want to leave a kettle on the boil or the bathtub water running. It might cause problems for those who are Left Behind.

Anyway, the folks who are blowing the trumpet and warning the people (Ezekiel 33:3) of the impending Day of Judgement are the owners of Family Radio, Inc, a Christian radio network with a nationwide audience. It's founder, Harold Camping, has precisely calculated the date of the Rapture using clues in the Bible.

More here.

One of 40 billboards in 8 states warning of the impending Day of Judgement.

Tags: The End of the World

Views: 307

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

There's a billboard with the same message a few miles away from me. I'll see if I can't drive up tomorrow to take a picture of it. If I can, I'll post it.

I'd love to join them in being Raptured and all, but I'll be too busy. Such a shame. If they'd let me know earlier, I could have been available, but, you know, May is such a busy month for me. Do you think if I pray really hard, god will reschedule to a date that works better for me? After all, he does say "ask and ye shall receive..." 

In all seriousness, there are people who have quit their jobs and are living on their savings in such a way that they won't have any money left on the 22nd. The Washington Post article mentioned one couple who has done so - and they have a young daughter and the woman is pregnant with another child due in June.

I guess the angels and saints are able to deliver children, but then that child will automatically go to hell since it can't actually accept Jesus into its heart before it's pre-verbal. But of course the article and the parents didn't mention that.

Sorry, quick correction. The article that mentions the family with the two-year-old and the pregnant woman is on Unreasonable Faith, not the Washington Post. (Or, if it is mentioned in the Post article, that isn't where I originally saw it.)

The article I was referencing can be found here:

Unreasonable Faith

Sorry about that! I try to be better about my facts but sometimes they slip through.

My friends and I are throwing a rapture party featuring devilled eggs, seven layer dip to represent the seven deadly sins and devils food cake. We'll have fun watching naked eople float up to heaven...or not.
Keep on guessing, Harold.  Of course it will happen in your lifetime.
Post rapture party!!

It can't happen! The Dayton Hamvention starts on Friday, 20 May, and runs through Sunday, 22 May.

I intend on wandering the flea market looking at old stuff I don't need & checking out the inside vendors & manufacturers for new stuff I can't afford. If anyone goes zipping off into the celestial sphere, I hope they don't mind me taking all their stuff when they're gone. And once gone I hope everyone thus raptured can find the grid square number for the above-named sphere so I can get a Q toward "Worked All Heaven" awards.

Of course, come 22 May the flea market will be left to the sinners &c. Maybe I can collect enough to resurrect the old Heathkit station I ran back when I first got my license. And nobody will give me crap for having a chirpin' CW sig either. Oh, and AM will rooolllll!

Nils

W8IJN

Has anyone considered that all the raptures might have been correct, its just that nobody actually got raptured due to there being no genuine christians, just hypocrites ?

M.

I brew beer. about 6 months ago I did this especialy dark triple bach (9+%!).

and put it away for aging. without knowing at the time about brother harolds newest prediction I called it "apocolips ale".....coincidence?!?! ...you be the judge.

good timing though...hu?!?!

should be just about ready for the party!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

Nexus on Social Media:

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service