A friend of ours emailed this tonight & as a Canadian, this seems to be a doctored piece of bs to me......the friend seems to buy it, but who does a person trust in politics these days? Does anyone know how to check this kind of thing out?
------------ 

Now we know why Fox News never broadcast it as they originally planned to.
*I encourage you to please send this to everyone on your email list ASAP.*
*Remember all the notices we kept getting to watch Fox News on Sunday at 9PM? What Happened?*
*This is the clip that got pulled due to pressure from the Administration.*
Obama Puts Heat on Fox News to Prevent Sean Hannity* from *airing this piece.
*This is a video that Sean Hannity of FOX News has been trying to show that we are told has consistently been blocked by the Obama Administration for Several weeks.*
*Watch it now before it gets pulled from the Internet! *
http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=tCAffMSWSzY#t=28

Views: 168

Replies to This Discussion

Since when has Fox News ever bowed to "pressure from the Administration"? They'd be overjoyed to attack Barack Obama like this, if they had quotes that could stand up to scrutiny.

Another sign of bullshit: the video's title is "Obama Admits He Is A Muslim", yet it begins with the "Legal Disclaimer" that "The writers, producers, and editors of this video are not claiming or implying that Barack Hussein Obama is a Muslim [....]"

In the U.S. at least, truth is a defense against charges of libel.

Reading about those (un)reality TV techniques reminded me of a science-fiction world where the protagonist was wary of saying anything to a reporter, since the technology was widespread that could make an interviewed person appear to say anything desired, by analyzing and resynthesizing their phonemes and mouth and facial movements.

Of course we don't need that kind of "vocal photoshopping" to lie with quotes!

I remember an old Mad Magazine parody of the business of moviemaking, showing among other things how once the critics publish their reviews and ratings, "little stars, little bells, little half-stars", the studios proceed to misleadingly quote them in their movie ads -- with only slightly silly examples of scathing reviews being flipped 180 degrees:
(from distant memory here)

What the critic wrote: What the studio quoted:
After the movie was over I went up to the projection booth, took the film, and burned it. Boy, did I have a wonderful time! Boy, did I have a wonderful time!
This is a good movie for stars to avoid, as it would do more harm than good to their careers.... "... for stars ..."
(****)

LOL, good low tech example!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Will-I Am S. replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
9 minutes ago
Loren Miller replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
21 minutes ago
Idaho Spud replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
26 minutes ago
Joseph P replied to Joe's discussion The IRS Says It Will Finally Enforce the Rules Barring Pastors from Endorsing Candidates from the Pulpit in the group Atheist News
30 minutes ago
Luara replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
32 minutes ago
Patricia replied to John Jubinsky's discussion Why Does Prince George Have Brown Eyes? in the group ORIGINS: UNIVERSE, LIFE, HUMANKIND, AND DARWIN
39 minutes ago
Ruth Anthony-Gardner added a discussion to the group Media Issues
39 minutes ago
Freethinker31 replied to Richard Goscicki's discussion Marijuana and Atheism
42 minutes ago
Patricia replied to Joan Denoo's discussion My gravesite inscription
44 minutes ago
Patricia commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
46 minutes ago
Richard Goscicki replied to Richard Goscicki's discussion Marijuana and Atheism
53 minutes ago
Luara replied to scott martins's discussion IS EVERYBODY 100% POSITIVE THERE IS NO GOD?
54 minutes ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service