Has anyone here become more against religion over time? Before religion didn't really bother me, but whenever I see something religious now it pisses me off. If I found a bible, cross or some other religious figure I would probably end up burning it.

Views: 970

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Do you think there is a difference in ability to change and cope with the changes in the world considering being atheist in the respect of the sexes?  Do women cope better than men and why?

My two cents worth. I think it is because more and more politicians (teabaggers, etc.) and other public figures are now shoving it all into our faces. That and because most of the xtians I know have become VERY militant about their beliefs. It seems the ones who talk about love of Jesus the most have become the most hateful about everything else! I hope it is just a stage this country is going through and the conservative Jesus fanatics will scream themselves into irrelevance.    

I watch religious shows in the morning (I call them my morning cartoons).  Doing this for is a twofer, I laugh my ass off and it reminds me how I detest religion!!  When I was a kid, I figured out the bible was S.B. The final straw came from an unexpected source.  My father was in Vietnam, at the time.  One day, we were eating dinner at a local restaurant.  I went into the bathroom to wash my hands.  On the sink was a religious paper depicting a soldier praying before going into battle.  The soldier was killed in action.  It said that if the soldier had not prayed before he was killed then he would burn in hell forever and ever!!  Imagine a 5 year old whose father was risking his life in a foreign country and having to read that shit!!  Ever since that time in my life, I lost count of how many times religion has pissed me off!!!

That's terrible for a little kid whose father was in a war to see!  You were one smart 5-year old!

Sometimes I get so annoyed that I purposefully go into stores and turn crosses upside down and religious paintings backwards. Last night I wanted to go to the local Dodge dealer and turn all their vehicles upside down but I figured that one might land me in jail!

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start carrying the fiction warning stickers for copies of the Bible that I find in thrift stores, but I haven't gotten that brave yet, however it's likely to happen, I'm feeling particularly motivated of late.  

LOL Tammy! If we lived closer we could go do that together. It could be a club! Or a gang! ;)

I would actually love that! I'm in a dangerous area to act this way and looking for partners in crime!

I would like to put an upside down cross on a church.

Mother nature tends to do that quite often down here, turns steeples right side up!

I do a lot of road trips with my brother and find, in every motel room, a Gideon bible.  I carry with me a bunch of stickers which I stick on the cover of each bible I encounter.  I doubt it does much good but it makes me feel so much better.

WARNING:
The contents of this book contains vivid depictions
of rape, murder, genocide, incest, violence,
intolerance and gross human rights violations
Children and impressible adults should not be
exposed to its contents. It can cause delusions,
hallucinations and have a detrimental effect on
cognitive and objective reasoning abilities

Awesome Jim! :)

Note to self, make copies of Jim's stickers stat! That is awesome!

RSS

Support Atheist Nexus

Donate Today

Donate

Help Nexus When You Buy From Amazon

Amazon

AJY

Latest Activity

Gabrielle Smith shared Neanderthal Man's video on Facebook
42 seconds ago
Gabrielle Smith liked Neanderthal Man's video
4 minutes ago
Glen Rosenberg replied to Freethinker31's discussion Are Atheists too judgmental??
7 minutes ago
Susan Stanko replied to Sentient Biped's discussion Vast network of US Extremists Export AntigayPersecution: HRC Report in the group LGBTQI atheists, nontheists, and friends
18 minutes ago
Donald R Barbera commented on Donald R Barbera's blog post Adultery: Finished Draft from Preach vs. Practice by Don R Barbera
25 minutes ago
Susan Stanko replied to Sentient Biped's discussion What will happen if Scotland Succeeds from the UK?
37 minutes ago
Plinius replied to MattyLJ's discussion Are you clean and organized?
1 hour ago
Plinius commented on Little Name Atheist's group Atheist Ailurophiles
1 hour ago
Plinius commented on Sentient Biped's group Food!
2 hours ago
Neanderthal Man replied to Napoleon Bonaparte's discussion Viking Trance in the group Les Athées Napoléonienne
2 hours ago
Neanderthal Man posted a video

Viking Trance - The Spyda Web from Napoleon Bonaparte on Vimeo.

Viking Trance - The Spyda Web

Music by Viking Trance with video artwork and editing by Napoleon Bonaparte. Smart Dog Video London (UK) 2014. Viking Trance Radio www.vikingtrance.com Viking Trance buy link
2 hours ago
Man boob posted a status
"CHECK OUT THE SONGS I UPLOADED ON MY PROFILE WOOOOOOOOO"
3 hours ago

© 2014   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service