Atheist Nexus Logo

Has anyone here become more against religion over time? Before religion didn't really bother me, but whenever I see something religious now it pisses me off. If I found a bible, cross or some other religious figure I would probably end up burning it.

Views: 1038

Reply to This

Replies to This Discussion

Dustin, my father was in the military (59th Ord. brigade).  His job was to guard weapons of mass destruction.  People have the misconception that nukes are the ultimate endgame.  It is not!!!  I asked my father what is worse, nukes or biological and without blinking he said biological!!  If there is an all out attack on the U.S. (biological)  85% is dead outright.  The weapon has a second component that is 95% lethal!  This technology has been around since the 70's.  Can you imagine the technology today?  Throw radical ahols (pick any religion) into the mix and this is what scares the s**t out of me!!!!

I never said nukes are the ultimate end game. Nuclear weapons are still deadly either way.

Absolutely!  I watched Leon Panettas' farewell speech that was about threats to national security.  Check it out if you have time.  You won't be disappointed!!!  Scary S**T!

Read my discussion on Prejudice me? and let me know what you think.

I  guess some would call it "anti-religious talk" and I suppose there are a lot of negative descriptors. However if I describe events as accurately and concretely as I can muster and my rationale for my descriptions, that is not anti-religion, it is speaking of the world as I see it. I don't think anything anyone has written on this site has written any untruths. IMHO. If I write an untruth, I expect to be challenged and appreciate the reminder that I may have gone over the line. 
I especially want confrontations when I handle religion in ways that Ruth calls "poo", fecal matter, a virus, a meme that passes along religious themes. Relying on my old teaching days, I will give anyone a sticker for catching me in such an error. 

Do you feel that you were trained how to cope with the world that is mostly religous?  Since you were raised without religion and I was raised with it I am wondering if we may feel the same despite the difference.  I feel very unskilled in someways on how to cope and make the best of a stinky situation:)

Same here!

Do you think there is a difference in ability to change and cope with the changes in the world considering being atheist in the respect of the sexes?  Do women cope better than men and why?

My two cents worth. I think it is because more and more politicians (teabaggers, etc.) and other public figures are now shoving it all into our faces. That and because most of the xtians I know have become VERY militant about their beliefs. It seems the ones who talk about love of Jesus the most have become the most hateful about everything else! I hope it is just a stage this country is going through and the conservative Jesus fanatics will scream themselves into irrelevance.    

I watch religious shows in the morning (I call them my morning cartoons).  Doing this for is a twofer, I laugh my ass off and it reminds me how I detest religion!!  When I was a kid, I figured out the bible was S.B. The final straw came from an unexpected source.  My father was in Vietnam, at the time.  One day, we were eating dinner at a local restaurant.  I went into the bathroom to wash my hands.  On the sink was a religious paper depicting a soldier praying before going into battle.  The soldier was killed in action.  It said that if the soldier had not prayed before he was killed then he would burn in hell forever and ever!!  Imagine a 5 year old whose father was risking his life in a foreign country and having to read that shit!!  Ever since that time in my life, I lost count of how many times religion has pissed me off!!!

Sometimes I get so annoyed that I purposefully go into stores and turn crosses upside down and religious paintings backwards. Last night I wanted to go to the local Dodge dealer and turn all their vehicles upside down but I figured that one might land me in jail!

I keep telling myself that I'm going to start carrying the fiction warning stickers for copies of the Bible that I find in thrift stores, but I haven't gotten that brave yet, however it's likely to happen, I'm feeling particularly motivated of late.  

I would actually love that! I'm in a dangerous area to act this way and looking for partners in crime!

RSS

© 2015   Atheist Nexus. All rights reserved. Admin: Richard Haynes.

Badges  |  Report an Issue  |  Terms of Service